Galil AR and SAR parts kits

RSR

UZI Talk Supporter
My greatest interest is in the ARM kits. ARs would be good too... Prefer both with the bayo lugs on the gas block, but the early ARM gas blocks w/o bayo lugs are a good substitute for R4 builds...

Full .308 kits would be of interest too, especially if they come with a sizeable and affordable supply of new mags.

Galil Snipers would of course be great, and the micro galil kits would also command a higher price than the standard Galils...

Bottom line, with the election looming and a new administration in January and the UN Gun Ban Treaty awaiting US Senate approval (if the GOP loses the Senate, bad news here), it's best to get imports like these moving asap.

AresShrike

UZI Talk Life Member
"it's best to get imports like these moving asap."
Contact said - "approval" on their side takes between 30-60 days"
Throw in shipping from Israel, and whatever importer delays we might see, maybe 90 days before you see your kits.
I agree, these may well be that last ones attainable from overseas. That UN gun ban looks very possible now.
I'll try to see about the ARM kits, MAR kits, and .308 kits.

This can only be done with a minimum 100 kits ordered, so, it should be moved on as quickly as possible.

Personally, I don't think we'll have enough takers to do this, in time, anyway.
So, if you want "in", you should get on the list as soon as possible.

Para1962 - demilled barrels - do you still want 10 kits?

Last edited:

Machinist89

not to get too far off topic, but I see they have M14 snipers too. I do see the "Not for import to US' notation. What about demilled parts kits or just parts (no barrel or receiver)? AR Galil kits are available stateside from several vendors, M14s are not. Well maybe CMP is still selling parts kits of sorts. thoughts?

AresShrike

UZI Talk Life Member
Para1962 - beautiful, that's the first 10 kits. (break that down for me, how many AR, how many SAR)

Machinist89 - I'll ask about the M14 sniper rifle kits. The only M14 parts mentioned to me, were, scope mounts, but they prefer to sell a large batch, not one or two.
The Galil AR kits available now, are only from Apex, and are not "very good". They are OK, good enough for a rack grade build. These kits from Contact, are, said to be, "very good".
(Are you talking about CMP Armory, in Dallas, or the CMP - Civilian Marksmanship Program?) I've not seen parts kits from either, of course that doesn't mean they didn't have kits for sale, I just never saw of any.

10 Galil kits "sold" - 90 to go. Para1962

Last edited:

AresShrike

UZI Talk Life Member
It should be noted, that the kit prices are not finalized, and will probably/hopefully be lower than mentioned.

I am not making any profit what-so-ever, off this. I'm just looking to organize it, to help out community. Your payments will go to the importer, not me.

I have been asked about "recourse", if the kits don't arrive, or are not as advertised. All I can say is that Contact International has been doing this, through many large U.S. importers, for over 30 years, and I doubt they risk their reputation, by screwing us over on this relatively small deal, but, I guess it could happen, so, your advised of the possibility, however improbable it may be.
Financial "recourse", in such a situation, would be through the U.S. distributor, not some foreign entity, so, that should be comforting.

All that being said, I've not yet spoken to the U.S. distributor, but I'll keep you posted.

Para1962

That's 8 ARs and 2 SARs please. I would be interested in ARM kits if they have them (then do 5+5).

AresShrike is correct, the only decent kits right now are with 24hrs tactical and those are ARMs. Numrich has SAR kits in good condition, I would pass on Apex. Buying these kits at $250 is the deal of the century, I can't believe nobody's interested?

We should also ping the folks on the AKfiles - shall I?

Last edited:

AresShrike

UZI Talk Life Member
Para1962 - Before we notify AK Files, and FAL files, I want to finalize all of the related expenditures, that will affect the final price of each kit.

Yes, 24 Hour Tactical has ARM kits, that are very good, near excellent, but not quite.
Numrich's SAR kits are "good to pretty good" - not bad, but not "VERY" good.
Apex's AR kits are OK, just about good enough for a rack grade build, no better.

Contact has no ARM kits, or 308 kits for sale.

Machinist89 - The only M14 Sniper stuff they have, for sale here, are scope mounts. But they prefer to sell a substantial batch, over individual pieces.
Again, prices are in a state of flux, as the other related expenditures haven't been finalized, but maybe around $150 each. Again, they want to sell in bulk, so......I don't know how that'd go, unless you want a lot of 'em.

I hope to be in touch very soon with the actual U.S. importer, to get any more "need to know" info.

Last edited:

Machinist89

Yes I heard Apex's kits can be rough. Numrich has kits too but have no idea of their condition. M14 kits are/where available from the civilian marksmanship program, but we're missing many parts. Again I didn't mean to hijack this thread. I am planning to make a group buy commitment nevertheless. Cheers M89

AresShrike

UZI Talk Life Member
Ya' know, in looking over their website, I notice their Galil "AR" is actually an ARM.
I wonder if the parts kits they're selling as AR kits, are really ARM kits.
I'll have to clarify that with them.

I'm guessing that their actually ARM kits that were're looking at getting.
That is, ARM, and SAR kits.

(I was wondering where they got the AR kits, as I didn't think the IDF issued Galil AR's, just the ARM, SAR, and MAR)

Ya' know, it's kinda' tempting.
Knowing that their probably ARM kits, in real good shape, I think I just might get some ARM, and SAR kits too.
At that price, you can't loose. (unless they never show up!! Ha Ha!)

I've got to look into those Ironwood Designs repro ARM handguards again too, see how their coming along.
I don't want to be a ball buster though.

Last edited:

recovering

SAR kit

I have an 'select' SAR kit if anyone is interested that I got before Numrich sold out. Hardly any wear on the bottom of the bolt (a good indicator), clean hand guards and stock.

Labanaktis

I need 1 micro kit for a personal build right now.... anyone?

I am in for 10 Micro kits if this works out.

Thanks, Matt

Mr Folgers

I can't believe nobody's interested?

Well, you already have two retailers selling kits, not that many barrels/receivers in circulation to actually build the kits, and the general risk involved in attempting a group order.

I would like to see kits, but there are just way too many risks involved as a group and not enough questions asked/answered.

1. What happens if additional fees are incurred for shipping/duty costs? Will everyone in the group have to chip in another $50? $100? Would you still want a kit if it costs more than an APEX or Numrich?
  2. How much would an importer/distributor charge for the service? Will one even perform the service for a group? Why would they not take advantage of the interest and buy the kits themselves and flip for a higher price?
  3. How long would you have to end up waiting before you even see the kits? Weeks/months? Who is going to make the effort to store and mail 100 parts kits? Is everyone going to trust this person?
  4. What if someone backs out of the purchase and Contact doesn't get the minimum order? How will you get your money back if it is already in an overseas account?
  5. What if your kit is missing parts or is damaged/trashed? Will you send it back to Israel for $50 shipping? Will Contact even risk sending you a kit back without extensive paperwork?

You guys need to think about these kinds of questions before you start throwing your money in somebody's direction. From my perspective it looks like you guys are way over your head!

I STRONGLY advise that further evaluation is given to this idea before people start committing to X number of kits and spreading the word around.

Last edited:

AresShrike

UZI Talk Life Member
Labanaktis - no Micro kits available at this time

Ugh! - 2 SAR kits - copy.

Mr. Folgers - "Well, you already have two retailers selling kits" - 24 hour tactical kits are very good, but $750 each, and very few left.
Apex SAR kits are good, but these appear to be considerably better, and at about $390 compared to $250, maybe less, I'd go with the Israeli import kit.
Numrich's kits are alright, not really good, and again, around $390, compared to $250
Obviously, Blackthorne's crap is a no-go.
Barrels - I used Douglas SS barrels on 5 of my Jeff Miller builds, no better barrels exist, and they will always be "available".
But yes, definitely, barrels can and will be an issue, if you don't want to go that route.
Receivers - CNC-W will certainly make more, if the need/interest is there, especially for $600 a piece.
Other than possible heat treat issues, and possible right side rail being too far forward, the AWO/ORF receivers, can be "good to go" too.

The "Risk" involved, could be a big issue, but, they have been doing this for 30 something years, with very well known U.S. based suppliers, so, that's a difficult thing to pin down, with all due respect. If the importer/supplier isn't well known and reputable, I naturally, will not look to go ahead with this.

What happens if additional fees are incurred for shipping/duty costs? -Will everyone in the group have to chip in another $50? $100? That's why I still have to speak to the importer, and it's why I said the prices haven't been finalized.

Would you still want a kit if it costs more than an APEX or Numrich? If the kits do end up costing that much, I'd imagine most would "back out", even though I think these kits will be alot better that the Apex AR kits (and I do think these will be ARM kits),
at least as good as the Numrich SAR kits, and still way cheaper than the 24 hour tactical $750 kits, probably as every bit as good.

How much would an importer/distributor charge for the service? I hav'nt yet spoken to them, that's why the price isn't finalized.

Will one even perform the service for a group? Yes.

Why would they not take advantage of the interest and buy the kits themselves and flip for a higher price? Because they'd have been paid their agreed to price, for the total package. I don't think Contact Int. would appreciate them double crossing, but I could be wrong.

How long would you have to end up waiting before you even see the kits? AWeeks/months? As I mentioned, approval on their (Contact Int.) would take 30-60 days. For more detailed info. on how long the actual shipping usually takes, I have yet to speak to the importer about it.

Who is going to make the effort to store and mail 100 parts kits? Obviously, the importer will accept, and store the product, and ship it out to the buyers. That's what they do.
Is everyone going to trust this person? - I would assume you'd need to trust the importer, or they wouldn't make the order in the first place.

What if someone backs out of the purchase and Contact doesn't get the minimum order? Then the entire deal is off.

How will you get your money back if it is already in an overseas account? As I've already mentioned, the order goes through a U.S. distibutor. Contact will not even get the order, until it's paid in full. If people back out, the U.S. importer would have to reimburse those who've sent money for the kits.

What if your kit is missing parts or is damaged/trashed? Will you send it back to Israel for $50 shipping? Missing parts is a question that I'll have to ask the importer, as I've said, repeatedly, I've haven't yet spoken with them, to "finalize" prices, and issues like that, and yes, that question was one I did think of, and would have asked the importer, when I speak to him.

Will you send it back to Israel for $50 shipping? Obviously not. I assume your trying to be funny.

Will Contact even risk sending you a kit back without extensive paperwork? I don't know what you mean. They aren't sending me anything. They are sending their FTZ (Free Trade Zone) U.S. distributor the product, that's why the importer gets paid too, to deal with the paperwork, store, and ship out the product.

You guys need to think about these kinds of questions before you start throwing your money in somebody's direction - I don't want to "come off" as disrespectful, and, with all due respect, I have thought "of all these questions", but, if you'd have read the previous posts, you'd already know the answers to many of your questions. When I speak to the importer, the other questions, will be answered. That's why the pricing isn't "finalized", as I've said repeatedly.

Again, as I've said before, my involvement in this is just to help organize it.
I'm not getting anybody's payments. Nobody's sending me a damn thing.
I really don't give a hoot, if none sell at all, but, at least I know that I honestly tried to help the Galil enthusiast's community, by trying to get a good deal going for them, and furthering the U.S. life of the iconic Galil, that I really love.

Last edited:

Para1962

well said AresShrike, I really appreciate you leading this and you have all my support. I had a great experience with group buys of Imbel receivers on the Falfiles and I'd love to see the same happening with these kits. And if I get ARM kits instead of the AR I am really going to be a happy bunny.....

AresShrike

UZI Talk Life Member
I'm glad you mentioned the ARM kits.
I'm waiting on clarification for Contact Kalia on this, because the photos are labeled "AR", but show ARM's.
Naturally, they are aware of the difference between the two.
Yet, they are intentionally labeled, and refered to, that way.
Is it because they consider it an ARM, only if it's got the bipod, or do their AR's have bipod lugs.
Aren't the bipod lugs really what makes the difference?
These talks do take time, a lot of back and forth, for good reason, to clarify a lot of little, seemingly small, but important questions.

The rounds of questions, between me and the seller, or importers, are pretty extensive, and over a period of time, so, if you have particular questions to be asked, I'd welcome them.
- Just don't "come off" like the friggin' Spanish Inquisition!

As I've said before, prices aren't finalized, which translates to - not all the questions are answered yet, be patient.

Last edited:

Mr Folgers

The rounds of questions, between me and the seller, or importers, are pretty extensive, and over a period of time, so, if you have particular questions to be asked, I'd welcome them.
- Just don't "come off" like the friggin' Spanish Inquisition!

As I've said before, prices aren't finalized, which translates to - not all the questions are answered yet, be patient.

I didn't mean to sound disrespectful. In truth I just care a lot about the community here and I want to make sure everyone is protected from getting short-cutted and is adequately informed. I sort of went off the handle, and I apologize.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter