"Fuel Filter" Silencer?

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Yesterday, I saw an ad online offering "Fuel Filters" for sale. These look like monocore baffle stacks, and come with a tube. You can order different caps with them, all if which are conveniently threaded for common firearm barrels. Obviously, these are intended to be built into Silencers, much like the "solvent traps".
Has anyone here tried these?

Villafuego

UZI Talk Supporter
ATF and Customs are actively rounding those up...…. most are sold on "wish.com"......made in China....

When customs grabs them (they know who the Chinese sellers/manufacturers are), they seize them and you get a forfeiture letter.

When they make it thru customs, you get a visit at home...

Plenty of threads on numerous sites about why ordering one is bad juju....

Even an approved F1 won't allow you to register existing contraband.....

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
That's too bad, they seem like a good F1 setup!
I guess the repeated "for cars only" that was in the ad was there for a reason.
Like the Solvent Traps, all they require seems to be drilling a hole in tne endcap and assembly (after getting F1 approval, of course)

timkel

I've been seeing them for sale at gun shows. I think they were calling them solvent traps.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Don't know about these but the BATFE rounded up and prosecuted 167 glock airsoft selector owners.

All came off wish. They didn't even try to seize them at the ports.

I would think these will be tallied up for the 2020 BATFE news letter and stats.

Least I know why they call it wish.

You be wish'n you never bought gun parts off the site. You be wish'n you had a good lawyer, you wished you had just bought a papered MG.

I tell people all the time. you say you can't afford a real papered MG? What the hell makes you think you can afford a lawyer?

Same goes for any NFA item.

https://www.atf.gov/news/pr/wooster...cted-firearms-violations-including-having-two

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/atf-agents-hunting-down-chinese-full-auto-glock-conversion-kits/

The BATFE stats page with the 167 convictions is now a dead link. https://www.atf.gov/news/pr/indictment-so-called-

Rich

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
If HPA had passed, there would be all kinds of new designs, everything from simple to extremely complicated; crap to amazing.

Strangeranger

I got my Form 1 approved in 24 days so my fuel filter is now legally a suppressor. Haven't tried it out yet to see how well it suppresses. If it drops 9mm subsonic to less than ear-bleed levels when fired indoors it will be worth every penny of the $38 it cost me.

FWIW mine came with two different front end fittings; a blank cap and a jam nut. The jam nut just screamed "constructive possession" so I dremeled it into two pieces which I kept to show that I had in fact dewatted it. So at that point it was not yet a suppressor but more importantly it was not parts that could be assembled into a suppressor without additional machine work, i.e. drilling a hole in the blank end cap. I don't know if that argument would have kept me out of trouble until the F1 was approved but it was all I could do

slimshady

Hate to burst your bubble, but if they wanted to get you on "constructive Possession" the kit alone is probably enough to do that. The safest way to proceed is to get the Form 1 back approved THEN buy the various bits needed. Same reason you don't start threading tubes or roughing out baffles before the form is approved when starting from scratch.

It's all about "intent", did you buy those materials in almost finished form to have a "fuel filter", or did you buy them with the intent of making a suppressor? The fact you filed a Form 1 on them is pretty much proof of intent...

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
I have a registered econo can, works great... just pay the tax / avoid the risk!

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter