Fixed or Folding?

Blitzy

Which do you prefer? I've heard a lot of differing opinions.
20210428_121250-1.jpg

Last edited:

dash

Either for the FNC. Switched out the folder on one of the Howcos to a fixed. It is more comfortable for me, but the folder is the regular shooter.

Prefer the FAL with a fixed stock/rubber butt pad.

howdy

Quick question- the buttstock screw isn't left-hand threads like the flash hider is, correct? Just normal righty tighty left loosey? Just want to make sure I'm turning the right way before I crank on this screw to break the staking.

Switching to a buffer tube adapter (thanks to Stormwerkz) for shorter LOP options.

okpud

UZI Talk Supporter
Standard right hand threads (clockwise to tighten) for the buttstock. Only the flash hider has left hand threads.

ironriver

IMO its one of the great things about the FNC (and IMO one of the best ARs ever made) is the fact that the folding stock is so good. Comfortable and solid as a rock. I would go for that. Most other folding stocks I may think different but not the FNC

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
I’m partial to my fixed FNC - RR. I bought it directly from Curtis Higgins (living in Tulsa has it’s advantages).

hkg3k

UZI Talk Life Member
I've had both versions of the FNC and I prefer the folder model...sold the fixed stock FNC a few years ago. On my kept folder FNC, I did replace the factory folder with the ACR stock, which I like even more.

paco

I used the FNC till the day i had to turn it it for a crapy Tupperware Scar. Unlike the scar folding stock, the FNC has indeed a shockproof para stock. If you use optics, add a cheek piece. Check my pics for a home made. If crazy Ivan or that Wagner groups goes further south, i ll drop that scar in a second and take one of my personal fnc's.

Paco

howdy

I've had both versions of the FNC and I prefer the folder model...sold the fixed stock FNC a few years ago. On my kept folder FNC, I did replace the factory folder with the ACR stock, which I like even more.
Would you mind measuring and sharing what the shortest length of pull on your ACR-stock FNC is?
Also, who's stock adapter did you get? I've had my eye out for an ACR adapter but haven't found one yet as they've all been out of production for years and only small qty were made to begin with.

hkg3k

UZI Talk Life Member
Would you mind measuring and sharing what the shortest length of pull on your ACR-stock FNC is?
Also, who's stock adapter did you get? I've had my eye out for an ACR adapter but haven't found one yet as they've all been out of production for years and only small qty were made to begin with.
-LOP varies between 12" (shortest) to 15" (longest)
-Can't remember who made the stock adapter...I've had it for years

Pics of my FNC
IMG_20230703_172204a.jpg

IMG_20230703_172113a.jpg

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter