Finally did it. Just dropped off my M10/9mm with Sam and Tina.

Erevis

It was an exhausting 20 hour, 1,100 mile round trip. However, it was an absolute pleasure to get to meet, talk to, and get a tour of Practical Solutions with Sam and Tina.

Great people!

Now, the wait begins. Feel free to fill this thread with uzi magwell converted MACs to help me through the wait.

:)

Oh, I got to look at a lot of stuff offered ranging from Fat Ghost uppers and folding stocks and foregrips. My shopping list got longer!

Erevis

Now that's dedication.

LOL.. that was me being too OCD about shipping the gun. Agonizing over shipping is what caused me to put off the conversion for about 3 years. At least now, I know its started.

Doobis

I should probably ship mine off for a more proper mag well stretching. I also have a little sear hole stretching since I bought the gun that annoyed me but his eliminator mostly solved that for me. I know the front reinforce tab is cracked too so I'd feel justified taking the time to mail it off.

FYI I did do a little research on shipping a Mac. IT seems fedex is the only option and if it was lost in transit they would only pay out 1000 dollars. That scared me off for a little while until I figured out I could cheaply add it to my home owner insurance policy. Lost damaged or stolen anywhere in the country and Its replaceable with a 500 dollar deposit. Still I consider driving it to Sam as well but I'm only 3.5 hours away.....

Erevis

I should probably ship mine off for a more proper mag well stretching. I also have a little sear hole stretching since I bought the gun that annoyed me but his eliminator mostly solved that for me. I know the front reinforce tab is cracked too so I'd feel justified taking the time to mail it off.

FYI I did do a little research on shipping a Mac. IT seems fedex is the only option and if it was lost in transit they would only pay out 1000 dollars. That scared me off for a little while until I figured out I could cheaply add it to my home owner insurance policy. Lost damaged or stolen anywhere in the country and Its replaceable with a 500 dollar deposit. Still I consider driving it to Sam as well but I'm only 3.5 hours away.....

With a 3.5 hour drive, I'd drive it without reservations. Sam assured me that he's never had one shipped in either direction that ended up lost, but my luck tells me that I'd be the one.

GWally

UZI Talk Life Member
...it was an absolute pleasure to get to meet, talk to, and get a tour of Practical Solutions with Sam and Tina.

Great people!

I couldn't agree more. I dropped off two M10's back in March, and I learned quite a bit while I was there. Doorstep-to-doorstep, it's about 180 miles for me.

cb22

Did you make an appointment with Sam and Tina and was it at all difficult in convincing them to allow you to bring your Mac to them in person? I'm considering calling them to drop mine off. Thank you

GWally

UZI Talk Life Member
Did you make an appointment with Sam and Tina and was it at all difficult in convincing them to allow you to bring your Mac to them in person? I'm considering calling them to drop mine off. Thank you

I emailed Tina and let her know what I wanted to do and when, and she basically said, "yeah, bring it." I'd suggest you email her. And be sure to read the last paragraph from their shipping instructions page even though you're not shipping it.

ccosby

With a 3.5 hour drive, I'd drive it without reservations. Sam assured me that he's never had one shipped in either direction that ended up lost, but my luck tells me that I'd be the one.

Yea 3.5 hours isn't bad. When I shipped my M10 to them years ago from Virginia it ended up lost in New York for like a week before moving again through the registered mail system. That didn't sit well with me. I was at TSC Machine one time where someone had driven like 5 or 6 hours to drop off their mp5(hk94) with s&h sear. Guy had a squib round bulge the barrel(gun shot the round out) and brought it down to rebarrel and upgrade the trigger pack at the same time. Waste a day in driving vs shipping like 40k in gun? Yea I get it.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
For those that care, a private individual can ship a machinegun to a dealer. According to Postal Service Regulations, a private individual can ship a long gun. Only FFL holders can ship "concealable " . The regulations don't mention "machinegun" at all. So if you had a 16" barrel on a machinegun, then it is a long gun. A SBR is considered concealable. So the factory configuration would be concealable. Of course you could have a dealer ship it.

Sam and Tina are great people. Congratulations on the trip.

Scott

Bret

I have my collection insured with Collectibles Insurance Services. Part of the policy covers firearms shipments. I ship FedEx from my work and don't have to worry about adding on extra for insurance (which they wouldn't honor anyway).

Landric

I just got my Texas MAC back from Practical Solutions on Friday. I had a complete reweld, conversion to standard parts, Uzi mag well conversion, and some other work. They did a beautiful job, well worth the wait and expense. I had a total of five uppers fitted, four parkerized, and four bolts modified for Uzi mags. I’ll post pics as soon as I get a chance. Needless to say they are highly recommended.

ETA:

5595B949-1111-4AFA-92A9-161A077BD8B7.jpegA8A4D557-04FA-4CFF-A842-364621FA9D8D.jpeg

Last edited:

Doobis

Im curious how do they fix a stretched sear hole? Can it be reinforced to prevent the sheet metal steel from possibly doing it again?

stevo

You can ship UPS insured. Plastic hard case inside outer box. I usually ship MG’s USPS registered mail, but with the size of Mac’s, they can be considered concealable and Post Office won’t accept.

Bret

UPS does not allow machine guns and wouldn't honor the insurance claim (a) because it's not allowed and (b) because they consider it a collectible.

stevo

UPS does not allow machine guns and wouldn't honor the insurance claim (a) because it's not allowed and (b) because they consider it a collectible.

Friend of mine does it all the time...even asked UPS what policy was and was told as long as packaged properly they would ship and insure....

stevo

Friend of mine does it all the time...even asked UPS what policy was and was told as long as packaged properly they would ship and insure....

Bret

Whoever told your friend that misinformed him. They wouldn't pay if he had a claim. According to UPS's website "UPS does not accept automatic weapons, including machine guns, for shipment. Firearms (including handguns) and firearm parts are not accepted for shipment internationally. UPS Returns® Services are not available for packages containing firearms."
https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cent...nts/firearms.page?srch_pos=1&srch_phr=firearm

Here's an excellent summary of machinegun shipping options:
https://macmachineguns.com/?page_id=1261

ScooterTrash

UZI Talk Life Member
When I shipped my Uzi to Chili17 I shipped it w/ insurance thru FedEx. My premium with Eastern Insurance (which covers if lost during shipment) for a year is less than that one FedEx shipment and covers every gun I own.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter