Finally did it. Just dropped off my M10/9mm with Sam and Tina.

JCcypress

Good points. I hadn't considered the reversibility of the process. What is the turnaround time?

GWally

UZI Talk Life Member
I went yesterday to pick up my M10/9 that Sam converted to use Uzi mags. He also re-welded my front receiver tabs on it and my M10/45. Awesome job!!!

m10901.jpgm10902.jpg

Attachments

• m104501.jpg
    m104501.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

GunsCarsPlanes

Quick question. I like the idea of the mag well conversion but would it decrease the re-sale value of the MAC because it's not "stock"?

LawBob

Quick question. I like the idea of the mag well conversion but would it decrease the re-sale value of the MAC because it's not "stock"?
My Texas mac isn’t stock. I had Sam reWeld and replace the parts with RPB.

I didn’t do uzi grip bc I’m 45 and also had the walther mags.

It works.

The uzi grip works in both but the 45 mags are only 25 I think

Landric

Ruben doesn't think so, this is currently the most expensive MAC he has listed:

I have two M10s. At one time both had PS Uzi mag conversions. Sam's workmanship is fantastic and for shooting 9mm in a M10 the Uzi magwell/mags really are the best option IMO. They are cheap, available, and extremely reliable. That said, I didn't like shooting .45 with Uzi mags. They worked fine, but they are extremely expensive (for factory mags), have limited capacity (10 or 16 rounds), and the only higher capacity mags are ProMags (22 rounds). ProMags worked okay for me but they felt cheap and were really hard to load.

I ended up having Sam convert one of my M10s back to M3 .45 mags. I much prefer shooting .45 in the robust 30 round GG mags. If I want to shoot 9mm in that gun I use a Lage Max-10/31k upper to do it.

10mmlover

Uzi grip?(yes, but why, zmags work)

Or m3?(no, there’s no m11/9 size 45 bolt)
One can load a double stack double feed uzi mag with an ETS speed loader in seconds. A double stack single feed Z-mag takes a while, even with a maglula. That said, I just loaded up on z-mags and load them all at home. By the time I've shot all 10 mags, I figure I've shot enough for the day. :)

Landric

Uzi grip?(yes, but why, zmags work)

Or m3?(no, there’s no m11/9 size 45 bolt)

IIRC the M11/9 and M11A1 have receivers that are too narrow for the Uzi mag well. I believe the Uzi conversion is a M10 only option.

The STEN mag conversion used to be popular for the M11/9 back before Z Mags. If I had a M11/9 I might be interested in a STEN conversion just because I also have a STEN. However, those mags are not known for being the best quality. But they have always been available and until fairly recently under $10 each.

LawBob

One can load a double stack double feed uzi mag with an ETS speed loader in seconds. A double stack single feed Z-mag takes a while, even with a maglula. That said, I just loaded up on z-mags and load them all at home. By the time I've shot all 10 mags, I figure I've shot enough for the day. :)
Well yes they are easier. But it’s gonna take a lot of Uzi mags cost differential vs zmag to justify the conversion to the grip.

But ease of loading is a good feature. I enjoy this on mp5 mags with the ar15 speed loader

LawBob

IIRC the M11/9 and M11A1 have receivers that are too narrow for the Uzi mag well. I believe the Uzi conversion is a M10 only option.

The STEN mag conversion used to be popular for the M11/9 back before Z Mags. If I had a M11/9 I might be interested in a STEN conversion just because I also have a STEN. However, those mags are not known for being the best quality. But they have always been available and until fairly recently under $10 each.
Well then I guess you can’t

Landric

Well yes they are easier. But it’s gonna take a lot of Uzi mags cost differential vs zmag to justify the conversion to the grip.

But ease of loading is a good feature. I enjoy this on mp5 mags with the ar15 speed loader

The other advantage would be if one has another gun that uses Uzi mags. The less mag patterns the better (within reason) IMO. My twin sons and I all have Uzi PRO SBRs in addition to a M10 with the Uzi conversion. Since Uzi PRO mags are backwards compatible with the regular Uzi mags that means we only need to bring one kind of mag to the range for all four guns. Hopefully one day I will add a transferable Uzi to the collection and increase the advantage.

I don't have anything that uses Z Mags but I have a MAX-10/31k upper and a MAX-31k that can use the Z-S Mags. I have found that while the Z-S Mags mostly work fine they are not quite as reliable as the Suomi coffins or drums. That seems counterintuitive but I experience a magazine related malfunction more often with the Z-S mags than the other two kinds. I suspect that Uzi magazines are more reliable and more robust than Z Mags.

Also, I checked PS's website to make sure I was remembering correctly. The Uzi conversion is only available for the M10.

Laguna

This thread helped push me over the edge and I just sent my M10 9mm to Practical Solutions for the Uzi mag conversion. This is something I've been thinking about for a number of years but held off because $350 could buy a few M10/9 mags without altering the gun. However, reproduction double feed M10/9mm mags are currently expensive and not fully available. For example:

Practical Solutions - $64.99 – Out of Stock
FTF Industries - $69.99- Out of Stock
USMachinegun - $79.99

This conversion also makes sense for me since I have a full size and Mini-Uzi and about 60 Uzi mags.

Laguna

Here are a couple of details I learned that others might find useful that are considering this conversion:

Practical Solution does the Uzi magwell conversions in batches. So, if you send your gun in it could sit for a while until a number of others also send in their guns for the conversion. Sam said he already had a few guns in. So now is the time to send your gun in if you are considering this conversion.

Unfortunately, the major shipping carriers do not let private individuals ship machine guns so, shipping to Practical Solutions has to be through a firearms dealer. Practical Solutions has pretty detailed shipping instructions on their web site. Also know that adding insurance can take your shipping from $17 to $130 for USPS.

The conversion only covers installing the Uzi magwell and modifying your existing bolt. It does not cover reparking your lower receiver after the conversion. So, you’ll need to pay extra for that.

skiboatsp

UZI Talk Supporter
Why not build a magwell adapter to accept uzi mags? Not conversion / cutting / welding? Bolt works seems staright forward with a mill?

Laguna

If only it were that easy. Uzi mags are more square and wider at the front of the mag. So, they will not fit in a M10/9 mag well.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter