FAKTS Co. suppressor

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I recently purchased a Fakts Co. suppressed upper (Houston, Texas) from a friend and don’t know anything about them or what I got. He’s probably owned it for decades.
I think, it’s actually an integrally suppressed upper (old school) but not 100% sure. It appears to have two stages, has a round section sticking out of the first stage (maybe a pressure release) and a knurled end cap. There’s is no front sight on the upper and It has an old colt scope. I took a few pictures but I unfortunately did NOT get an overall picture of the upper (see photos)

Has anyone heard of them?

D850-BCA9-D4-DC-44-A3-B9-D9-610-F54-EBFA31.jpg
[/url] [/IMG]

Last edited:

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
Very interesting! I've never seen a FAKTS AR-15 suppressor. Fred Kaase mostly made STENS, and did so from muffler pipe tubing. About fifty Mk. II's were made and fifty Mk.III's. Some of the Mk. II's were integrally suppressed. I've also seen some Vickers machine guns manufactured by FAKTS. I would love to see some additional photos.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Very interesting! I've never seen a FAKTS AR-15 suppressor. Fred Kaase mostly made STENS, and did so from muffler pipe tubing. About fifty Mk. II's were made and fifty Mk.III's. Some of the Mk. II's were integrally suppressed. I've also seen some Vickers machine guns manufactured by FAKTS. I would love to see some additional photos.

Thank you for the info.
The form 4 says Fredd A. Kaasse FAKTS Co.
There were other things to discuss and frankly, this upper was towards the bottom of the list.

It’s possible the first stage goes over the barrel and its not integrally suppressed. However, it’s missing the front sight base.

I’ll try to get more pictures in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I’m late but better late than never. Here’s some pictures.

Last edited:

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
That looks pretty slick! The stepped down section does resemble two stage suppressors, but it could be the first section is larger to accommodate a modified gas block. Have you tried disassembling it? If I understand your photo than the muzzle is still threaded, then the knurled end cap should unscrew, likely revealing threads to secure the muzzle, as well as threads to seal the end cap to the suppressor body. I also would suspect that this a ported barrel suppressor that bleeds excessive gas into the expansion chamber thus reducing the velocity of standard velocity ammo. You might be right about the handguard cap being brazed, however it's difficult to tell for certain.

If you take it apart snap some photos; I'm curious to see how this was built!

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Yes, it’s a two stage can.
I have disassembled it some, just to see if it was serviceable. You unscrew the end cap and then the entire suppressor screws off. I was able screw the suppressor off about an inch and saw the old school interior of the mesh. After I shoot it some, I’ll take it apart and see what it looks like on the inside.

I also, think the barrel is ported.

The upper is made to run 22LR as the upper has a relief cut (I’m assuming for an auto sear) and it came with a 22 bolt installed with the anti bounce weight and trip (I think but can’t recall at the moment).

One thing, the suppressor has what I think is a vent on the first stage.

See new pics

4-AF31497-2-DC8-4965-B62-D-1-C981-F914-D32.jpg

2-EA402-C6-DCFF-4826-8465-A5-B1-E553-F56-B.jpg

MG34_Dan

The form 4 says Fredd A. Kaasse FAKTS Co.
Fred Kasse was a friend of Dolf Goldsmith. Fred passed away in 2005. He and his work are well known in the Browning/Vickers/Maxim community. A longtime friend of mine had one of Fred's 45-70 Vickers conversion. He recently gave it to Dolf Goldsmith. If you want to know more about Fred Kasse, search for his name over on 1919A4 dot com.

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
That sounds pretty quiet; perhaps even more than my JRW Sports integral 10/22 suppressor, which reduces CCI Mini-Mag velocities to about 990 FPS. High cyclic rates can increase noise, as the expanding gases can't dissipate fast enough between each shot. That is a slick setup!

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
That sounds pretty quiet; perhaps even more than my JRW Sports integral 10/22 suppressor, which reduces CCI Mini-Mag velocities to about 990 FPS. High cyclic rates can increase noise, as the expanding gases can't dissipate fast enough between each shot. That is a slick setup!
Thank you.
I’m happy with it, especially for how old it is.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Really cool piece there.

Just seeing the pix it looks to be really well made and beefy.
Should last forever.

Might want to replace the screen with the grommets though.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Root,
Thanks.
I’ve considered having a manufacturer rebuild it with modern baffles but I’m not sure if it’s even worth it. I’ll know more after I shoot it a few hundred more rounds and completely take it apart. Then, I’ll really see what’s what.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter