FA Uzi Ammo

Samuel_Hoggson

Can't remember all the different commercial and surplus flavors used over years. Steel cased works every bit as well as brass, and cleans up easier with a range magnet. Just about all fmj ammo works perfectly. Exceptions have been 115 gr Remington and, sometimes, Winchester WB.

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
S&B, GECO, Fiocchi.

European manufacturers typically load hotter ammo than their American counterparts, ergo it is better for subguns.

Winchester whitebox, Blazer, etc. are pretty anemic and have historically been inconsistent and unreliable in many of my subguns.

Galil#1

APEXgunparts

Richard what is the gr. grain wt.? I asked via gunchoker before and never got an answer. Thanks.

The people who handle the sales and shipping for our E-Bay and GunBroker accounts won't know that info for the same reason that I don't know.
It isn't marked on the wood crate, steel tin or the cardboard boxes inside the tin.
The message we see clearly presented is "For submachinegun only"
Since you asked I tried looking on the web to see if someone else had pulled a projectile and weighed it, but had no luck finding that info.
I do know that this ammo runs in MP40's (Wilson tube and German made), Beretta M1938 and 1938/43, STEN MK2's, STEN MK5's, MAC-11, MKE-AP5's and another SMG that I can't seem to remember at the moment!

Richard

Galil#1

Rich & GD1 interesting and thank you both for your reply... mystery solved about this fine SMG ammo!

pmf

Whatever is cheapest and has a ball type bullet. I've probably shot more Russian ammo of various flavors than anything else in my uzi. Its all pretty much the same.

CKxx

My Uzi seems to eat anything. Literally, just buy the cheapest ammo you can find and fire away.

pmf

Stay away from aluminum cased ammo like Blazer. Also stay away from hollow points or blunt end bullets, they don't feed well. You want brass or steel cased with a ball type bullet.

Bret

I've found that my Mini Uzi and M11/9 will run pretty much any FMJ 9mm. If you want to speed it up, run hotter ammunition. If you want to slow it down, run weak ammunition. I have a good assortment of factory 9mm FMJ, but typically run the weak Remington 9mm simply because I'm spraying bullets.

skiboatsp

UZI Talk Supporter
Mine cycles Winchester white box with no problems. I speed up or slow down with different length buffers.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter