chamber length of smg barrel?

UZIGUY1

Hi All,
could someone clarify the chamber length of a standard 9mm smg barrel for me please?

thanks

MontanaRenegade86

UZI Talk Supporter
Looking at the schematic for Green Mountain Uzi barrels, it looks like 0.628 inches.

My semi profile barrel is ~0.626 inches +/-, if my math is right.

Last edited:

UZIGUY1

many thanks for your help, will measure later when i get in to compare, it doesn't feel right......

Jones

Another handy-to-know detail is that a 9mm Para round (9X19) should protrude .135" past the end of the chamber mouth.

MontanaRenegade86

UZI Talk Supporter
So, I'm a dumbass.

In my previous post, I put chamber length as 0.628. That was one of the outside diameters of the barrel, according to the GM schematic.

If a 9mm cartridge should extend 0.135" past the end of the chamber mouth, wouldn't that make the chamber length 0.750" - 0.135" = 0.615"? I might not have got a very good measurement when I measured it last time.

Jones

Bear in mind that I built a closed bolt semi Mini but the chamber dimns should be the same.
I found all kinds of external dimns for the barrels but no chamber details. Here's a picture of the reamer I used and I just kept going deeper until I had .135" of the round sticking out of the chamber mouth. A 9mm round's case measures .748" to .750" so your math looks right to me.
Here's the reamer I used.

thumbnail_IMG_1485.jpg

emrisg

UZI Talk Life Member
I would be careful using green mountain info. I bought a full auto barrel from the several years ago and it would not work in my gun. I could see the issue when comparing the barrel to an original imi barrel but they were not interested in fixing their barrel.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter