Can I get an assist with valuation please

MajikFirearms

I am a FFL/SOT and working a deal with law enforcement agency. part of the deal involves me taking 2 UMP-45 and 4 Colt M16A2 full auto weapons.
I'm trying to figure out a value for these since they are all post 86 and not readily transferable to any other than LE / Military / Demo

Any ideas?

Thanks
Tony

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I only know the post 86 prices I see posted, I think the colts go for about msrp as those are readily accessible for SOTs as long as it requires a letter. UMP-45 probably worth a bit more as HK doesn't like to sell posties to SOTs I belive.

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
No more than $4,000 each for the HK-UMP's, assuming they are factory machine guns ( I am sure they are). The M16A2's would be comparable in price.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Would the M16A2 transfer via Form 5 or were they transferred to the PD via Form 10? There was a number of M16A2s that were transferred to Departments from the US government via Form 10. These could only transfer back to the government. The UMPs have some value as parts sets. What configuration is the Colt guns in? Since demo letters are hard to come by, transfer of the Colt guns would be problematic especially if they are beat up 20" with fixed stocks. More detail especially the condition of the guns would certainly help as to market value.

Scott

pjm204

I'd say about $4,800 total for the 4 M16's. The UMP's I'd say 2-3k each. 9 to 11k total would be fair. Of course I'd offer less if you're buying them to resell. I sold a number of MG's for my local PD last year and the market for them is limited for sure.

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
I'd say about $4,800 total for the 4 M16's. The UMP's I'd say 2-3k each. 9 to 11k total would be fair. Of course I'd offer less if you're buying them to resell. I sold a number of MG's for my local PD last year and the market for them is limited for sure.

I am in agreement with pjm204. If they were no letter guns, thats a different story

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter