Calico M11/9 upper

woodenword

UZI Talk Supporter
Says it’s an alternative to Lage! Only 50 rnds, not easy to reload, and way more expensive!
I guess I don’t even see it being collectible, but definitely an oddity!

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
They have 100 rnd drums too.
Theres also a speed loader for the drums

They should of did a 22 kit and theres still talk of it.
Similar drums...just smaller.

enter calico on GB or wherever and you'll see some of the other odd things they did.

Collectable cause very few were built.......somewhere between 20 & 50 ish iirc. They went under and moved just as these hit the market many years ago. Before the 31 came out.

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
He’s a long time member here. I’ve seen that upper in person. It was cutting edge back in the day. If you wanted hi-cap that was the boss hog.

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
We had one in the shop a while back. A couple of things a potential buyer should know. To use a 100 round drum, you have to cut off your rear sight for it to fit. The sear notch on the bolt is machined incorrectly at 90 degrees instead of 83 degrees. This causes damage to the sear notch and face of the sear in your lower. Rate of fire is very high.

Abacab

Shop I worked for had one of these for years that we couldn't get rid of. Wouldn't run. Not sure who they ended up selling it to. Crazy that it has two bids at $1650

har1340

Paid $850 for mine when L&L advertised them, works 100%. Runs so fast, I guy said it looks like it's welding itself...

MitchWerbellsGhost87

They advertise these things as current production on the CALICO website, as well as a 22 caliber version, but the calico website does not actually work, you won’t get anywhere if you try to place an order for anything. The website is up-to-date, with a 2023 copyright date at the bottom of the page, but I don’t know what they’re actually doing over there. From what I understand, there’s very few of these things out there. I think it’s hideous if you ask me.

Abacab

They advertise these things as current production on the CALICO website, as well as a 22 caliber version, but the calico website does not actually work, you won’t get anywhere if you try to place an order for anything. The website is up-to-date, with a 2023 copyright date at the bottom of the page, but I don’t know what they’re actually doing over there. From what I understand, there’s very few of these things out there. I think it’s hideous if you ask me.
I ordered some parts from them in 2021. At the time, they had lost their credit card processor and you had to pay by mail. I have not tried getting anything else from them since then after they wouldn't answer me on how the bipod they make actually attaches to the gun.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Their somewhere in OR.....Blaine comes to mind.

They were just down the street from Bowers in Cornelius , OR when these upper came out.......couple weeks later it was over.

I need a few more mags...not sure if they still have any ...Figured to just hit up GB and try to get lucky.

I stumbled into one of the uppers a couple years ago or less. Need to try it out but the 22 kit has been scratching the itch so far.

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
Silly bidders, just buy a new one. I'm even on the waiting list:

What I asked:

"Thanks for your response. Yes, do put me on the list for the .22 kits. Any idea when those might go into production? Would I be able to pay with a credit card? Unfortunately I have heard stories from what I believe were previous owners about folks sending in checks and then never receiving their product. I would assume that things are different now. I mean no offense, just reporting what I had heard years ago."

And what I received:

"We will put you on the list and let you know when they are available. I know around 2012 they were cancelled by their CC processor because Intuit CC processing stopped working with gun companies and in 2014 they moved to a new facility from the Portland area to NE Oregon and were down for about 6 months for the transition."

I speak in jest, that was July of '21

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
They could make all this happen but seem not too care.

Maybe its a retirement project IDK......Coulda had many thousands by now.

DistalRadius

The Calico properties have been continuously changing hands every few years for the past decade or so. I would assume that every time someone interacts with them, it's a different person.

pjm204

The Calico properties have been continuously changing hands every few years for the past decade or so. I would assume that every time someone interacts with them, it's a different person.
Chris Holmgren has been the owner since like 2005. So it has been the same owner every time for the past 18 years. My interactions with him went from positive to poor once I handed over money for custom parts I wanted made.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I had my hands on a new production one of these and resold it without shooting. I guess I undersold it.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
My upper was a dry Virgin.

Not anymore.

Incredibly fast.
Brass is in another orbit somewhere......This thing is the shyt.

pjm204

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that to use the 100 round mags you need to cut off the rear sight off the lower. So basically you have a super fast upper (like the stock upper) that holds 50 rounds. Seems like it would be easier to use 50 round zmags.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter