Bolt Carrier Question

Revere

I decided to purchase some spare parts for my PAP M92PV, CAI AK pistol. I purchased a spare bolt carrier. Upon its arrival I noticed it is longer than my original. Maybe Ann inch or two longer. It does fit, but is it OK to use. After all, it is longer than my original. Any thoughts or did someone screw up and send me something in error or am I an idiot and ordered the wrong bolt carrier.

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
Longer for the rifle probably, piston goes by length of barrel, angle of gas port, headspace, or something like that, not a expert but remember something confusing like that
back when I was helping a gunsmith build some AKs.

Revere

But…..is it OK to use the bolt carrier with the longer piston. I don’t want it to cause any injury, like to me.

Revere

How difficult is it to remove the piston, never done it before, and special tools.

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
I just did one, look for a pin that is pressed in near the top where the piston screws into the bolt carrier, you should see a circle, drill that with a smaller bit than the pin and it should
come out, it's softer steel than the rest of the carrier, then you should be able to unscrew the piston. You will need a new pin to put in and smash flat with a hammer, then you grind
it flush. There is a youtube video on it, I replaced my PSL piston with a KNS adjustable one.
EDIT: After you put in the new pin and you have a little wobble, that's normal.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Why don't you send it back and get the right one? If the new carrier is a spare, what if the piston is the problem requiring the replacement of the original carrier?

Scott

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter