Best AR-15 Caliber

hfoster223

Quite happy with the 6.5 grendel, 125 grn vs 55 grn, fps similar, way longer range with the right barrel
Consistently hit metal out to 600yds, 700 to 1000yds , caliber Will do it, but Im inconsistent
Very good close range knock down power
Recoil is similar to 556, i use to shoot the 6.8spc but recoil would push me off target and had to reacquire
The grendel, you can tract running targets , shot after shot with more knock down than 556
Suppressed is quite tolerable but my ears are fried, so it sounds quiet to me, maybe not to others

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
DOD already adopted 6mm ARC.

Barrett was awarded contract and is already fulfilling orders for 6mm ARC Rec7 rifles.

I would guess for DMR specific roles, but maybe the 6.8 NGSW prototypes are not really living up to the hype.

Agree - def will be interesting to see if the planned NGSW contracts (& corresponding ammo contracts) actually get awarded in early 2021.
I read somewhere that the Marines currently plan to keep using 5.56 with the latest M855A1 EPR & MK262 rounds until the Army has
more field experience with NGSW.

OldBesty

Anyone know if they have solved the dilemma created by all the excess heat incurred at the throat of the barrel chamber? Or are they just ignoring how it will shorten barrel life if not cause premature barrel failures?

If expecting troops to carry spare swappable barrels, it seems you lose advantage of "40% lighter ammo".

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter