AR15 BUMP STOCKS are BACK!!!

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Of course, Slidefire closed their doors after making tens of millions of dollars between the Vegas shooting, where the general public found out about about this product, and the ban. They also have a multi million dollar suit for the inventory that the Government required them to destroy. Hopefully this will help us with the Tenko adapter.

Scott

Member13

I wonder when they will be back on gun broker and what stories will accompany them

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
This ruling will likely be upheld by the Supreme Court (if ATF even tries) and it should help stop ATF on Arm Braces as well.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Wonder what this means for all these frt and binary triggers
It would seem to me that any part that doesn't break the law specifically should be fine. The Armed Solar on YouTube posted a video yesterday about how and why the Federal Appeals Court decided what they did and how this decision should effect the firearms industry.

If you want to see it.

Most would agree that Trump emboldened the ATF to run amuck with telling the ATF to ban bump stocks. "Well if the boss wants use to do that, I wonder what else we can get away with" seems to be the thinking with the ATF the last several years. Hopefully this decision will make the ATF reevaluate what they can and can't do. Enforcement of the laws Congress has made is what they are supposed to do. Creating new law is for Congress, not the Executive Branch i.e. the ATF.

Scott

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Second hand, but a friend of mine knows the owner of Slidefire. He said that according to the owner, the owner's lawyer has told him that he can start to sell in three states immediately. If the case gets bumped back up to SCOTUS and is refused (which they have already done before), then Slidefire can start to sell nationwide.

The equipment and molds are packed away. Slidefire is planning to go back into production. Personally I think that the forced reset trigger will be more like full auto fire than a bump stock, but it sounds like there will be options in the market place. YMMV.

Scott

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
&S Conversions said::
The equipment and molds are packed away. Slidefire is planning to go back into production. Personally I think that the forced reset trigger will be more like full auto fire than a bump stock, but it sounds like there will be options in the market place.

Guys, what are your thoughts of a bump stock and FRT trigger in same gun ???

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I
The equipment and molds are packed away. Slidefire is planning to go back into production. Personally I think that the forced reset trigger will be more like full auto fire than a bump stock, but it sounds like there will be options in the market place.

I asked this a while back, and the answer was that it would "outrun" itself.

slimshady

They both do the same thing, just in different ways. The stock physically removes your finger from the trigger (or at least your rearward pulling force) to allow the trigger to reset so when your off-hand overcomes the recoil force and shoves the trigger against your finger again it fires. The FRT trigger simply jams the trigger forward again past the reset point despite your rearward pulling force, so when it resets your trigger finger pulls it rearward again. Repeat as needed.

Combine the two and you have two resetting actions happening at the same time. Think of it as you go to pull the trigger real fast, but half the time the trigger is beyond the reach of your finger. It would still fire, but likely would "stutter" a bit as the timing of the two devices would not match.

Of the two, the FRT would be my choice as it can function one handed, does not require any movement of the stock, and would likely be more accurate because of it.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
It is my understanding that a select fire variant of the FRT was developed just before the ATF came down on them. Of course the public will still need to wait for their suit to go through the courts.

Scott

Member13

For me, that would only be if it was a "select fire" variant. I've tried the "always on" FRTs and while fun, it makes the gun a lot less practical for "normal" controlled use.
I would also love to have a selector but if they never 'legal' to own again I and I cannot get a selector I will just build another rifle to put the trigger in and have it for a toy only

secondofangle

I know a guy with a FRT Rare Breed. Completely unreliable. Jams all the time. If I'm wrong, please post a video of 3 consecutive 30-round mag dumps with one. If you can, I wager you've had many rounds with one, and have trained yourself not to put too much rearward pressure on the trigger (which you are prone to do when you get excited)

Member13

I know a guy with a FRT Rare Breed. Completely unreliable. Jams all the time. If I'm wrong, please post a video of 3 consecutive 30-round mag dumps with one. If you can, I wager you've had many rounds with one, and have trained yourself not to put too much rearward pressure on the trigger (which you are prone to do when you get excited)
who are you talking to?

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Yes, there has to be a "trick" to using a forced reset or bump stock. If you simply held the trigger back and the firearm fired rapidly, by definition that would be a machinegun.

Scott

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter