AR-S10 or whatever name i end up on.

Bianchi

why not adding lateral metal plates to the lower part to fortify your printing...

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
Hmmm... i will think on combining the two materials. Was considering just making the lugs on the upper brazed on instead of plastic. Then could use the same upper bewteen the mk1 and mk2. It would divert the mk1 from its original intennt of printing as much as possible... but there is some metal work on the upper tube anyways, so i dont think its any more of a compromise then the rest of it!

atfsux

Kudos on how far you have gotten and trying to do something new.

But I can't help but wonder;...why try to reinvent what others have already done for you to copy and dog-rob from?

See if you can hunt down an old ARC from back in the day. http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?92429-A.R.C-Weapons-System If you can get a physical specimen,...see how it can be modified for different mags and reproduced. Back then, Sten mags were the cheap route. Today, maybe Glock or Scorpion (or Uzi) mags?

ml4fL37.jpg

Bianchi

he's experiencing something new onto a subject that he like,he's more easy to work on something that you like! this will decuple your motivation!

i'm impressed and admirative when i look at his first model!

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
Will look into that arc. Bunch of life has been getting in the way of this project. Should be back to prototyping and printing hopefully this weekend.
My goal is to have a 3d printable design that is reliable, and with a little handiwork with hand tools and modifying readily available parts can be made. So hopefully someone else can print and make one for less than it would cost to buy one. Obviously i will have more into it then others just on the trial and error basis.
Maybe a square bolt would be easier to manufacture. Will chew on that.

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
Looked into the ARC, it appears to be a mash of ar15, sten, with a little mac10 thrown in for good measure.
Also found this cool little creation https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/04/13/frankenstem-16-p5/
Which it is pretty much what I am going after, just i want the spent casings to drop down.
I redrew the receiver section last night. I am printing part of the section right now. They are flats, they are for the mark 2 build design. At this point the 2 will be able to be printed and epoxied together, or cutout of steel or aluminum and welded together.
When the flats are done i can do some more design for tying the flats together, just think it would be easier to do my measurements on a part thats in my hands then 3d space... for flats leastways.
I will be making a fleshed out lower as well just for 3d printing (mark 1).
The mag adapter has to much wiggle on my last print, it feels great until I get the bolt contacting it and trying to run the action. thinking on wrapping it around the upper more, the metal magwell "should" be fairly breezy to make.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter