Any of y'all run milling machines? Can I pick your brains?

Deerhurst

I'm slowly adding tooling and accessories to the pile. Not much there yet. I'd love a rotary table and dividing head. Got a tiny shop vac. Need to dona good cleaning on my machines as they are pretty dirty.

I picked up a ER32 adapter for some of the oddball drill bits since Jacobs chucks are not very precise and R8 collets don't have much of a range they hold.

I use carbide for everything until I break them. I need to make another order for endmills. I also need a good way to organize them. Don't have a collet cabinet yet.

My old machine is very tight. It does very good. Very happy with it.

Tobias Arms

Wow, that machine is huge. I have something about half that size that I just got working. Luckily its only single phase 240v.

Deerhurst

Wow, that machine is huge. I have something about half that size that I just got working. Luckily its only single phase 240v.
It's a beast. Makes beautiful parts too! Just made some 1919 parts for a buddy to replace damaged or missing pieces from one of his kits. Did some work, kegger mod, on a dodge pickup intake plenum. That machine makes the intake plenum look small. The hydros are nuts and will rip a part out of the vice or break the tool off. Super smooth for power feeds though.

Due to that machine my garage has turned into a one car garage. Used to be able to get the car and truck in there. Now it's the car and some extra room. Without it, even with the lathe and toolbox I could get the truck in there too.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter