AK Bolt carriers

DrGolani

Jim C said:
You engineered this swine flu...... didn't you?:lol :roflmao
Funny you mention it. I work for a well renown Antiviral Research Institute. We have been asked by the CDC and the NIH to do a bunch of work on it, ASAP! We have a vast library of anti-viral drugs at hand and just started putting it into cell culture for some preliminary testing. Probably go to ferrets real soon (or mice) for some studies on vaccines and therapies.

Don't get all caught up in that conspiracy theory BS, it's quite a natural virus recombination we are looking at, nothing hoky-poky about it. I could go on and on about all that BS going around.

Since we are a leading virology group in the U.S. we got all sorts of newspapers, media groups, etc coming to us for info...I've been spending most of my day putting down all these conspiracy nuts just when I need to actually work!

rasbridge

Golani Bolt Carrier

I'm trying to change my bolt carrier out also. Which bolt carriers will work for my .223?

utahhandyman

GoOsE said:
Did you have to mod it a bit to work properly?
The bolt carrier will work without mods,I just had to drill the pin hole larger for the Galil roll pin, thats it. But you do need to replace the AK piston with the galil one. I bought a US made one from CNC machine, beautiful piece of work.

And AK47 (7.62x39)bolts are the ones you need, not AK74(5.45x39).

thedave8

Alchemist said:
Aren't they hard chrome plated? I don't think they are stainless...

touch a magnet to it......if it sticks...it isnt stainless....stainless is non magnetic

badkarma3370

i have several items for sale that people might be looking for...AK47 bolt carrier, UTG quad rail, MSA mag adapter. i'm not looking to make money off these things, i just want to get back what i put into them. send me an email with "galil talk" in the subject line.

badkarma3370

some might ask 'why are you selling these things?' well, after much thought, i decided that the galil is perfect the way i got it. after all, why fix it, if it ain't broke?'

Jagdraben

So AK-74 bolt carriers don't work.

Do the bolt carriers for 5.56mm Bulgarian AKs work?

Bunker Buster

I found several bolt carrier for our Galil (.223) at gunsamerica which one is recommended for long service life?

Romanian, Yugoslavian, Chinese (poly tech), East German, Russian made

as to:

if on a budget? if money is not an object?

riderboy

UZI Talk Life Member
OK, let me see if I have this right. Do you use the gas piston from the Galil and the AK bolt carrier? Which would necessitate a little bit of gunsmithing? Or are the AK gas piston/bolt carriers good as they are?

jetskrtal

UZI Talk Life Member
riderboy said:
OK, let me see if I have this right. Do you use the gas piston from the Galil and the AK bolt carrier? Which would necessitate a little bit of gunsmithing? Or are the AK gas piston/bolt carriers good as they are?
Either/or will work.:sniper

cuate

I have had an AK47 bolt carrier in my "Golani" CAI Galil for some time and fired
hundreds of rounds since that conversion with zero problems.

You first must remove the AK piston and replacing it with the Galil/Golani piston with a slight amount of looseness, you know, not in tight. And then install the pin or roll pin. I am fairly certain that you read Tenngalil's remarks wrong because he is the absolute Galil authority and expert builder and repairman.

Slainte said:
with the aklightingbolt 7.62x39 bolt, as long as you cut the top cover to fit, it should work, right?

http://www.coloradoshootingsports.com/aklightningbolt.html

It would be the badass for some of those full rail systems! FAB, Troy, etc.

anyone with these set ups?
Well I found my first big upgrade for my Galil! I really want this bolt setup. Thanks for posting the link.

kargo27

american hellbilly said:
Well I found my first big upgrade for my Galil! I really want this bolt setup. Thanks for posting the link.

That IS pretty sweet! Looks incredibly well made, too. :thumbs_up

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter