Aimpoint T2 micro

Combat Vet

UZI Talk Life Member
Hi all,
I just received a Aimpoint Micro T2 red dot sight. Put it on weapon and i see dot i am supposed to but i also see two reflections. Any idea what this is? Some guys on another forum sai flip sight cover on or off, same problem both ways. Another guy suggested buying a Tango Down cover for sight.

Thanks

Kevin

OldBesty

Engineered reflective coating on the glass, necessary to extend the battery life to 50,000 hours.

Indoor lighting tends to make it more noticeable.

Go shoot outdoors. Once outdoors and shooting, you probably will not notice it.

Combat Vet

UZI Talk Life Member
Engineered reflective coating on the glass, necessary to extend the battery life to 50,000 hours.

Indoor lighting tends to make it more noticeable.

Go shoot outdoors. Once outdoors and shooting, you probably will not notice it.

Thanks Old Betsy, have not been out with it yet. Just got almost 2 feet of snow. Will let you know.

Kevin

rescue161

I love my T2. Battery life is insane. A local SOT here leaves his on all the time. He has had it for years and it is still on the original battery.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
I have a lot of trouble with "starbursts" due to astigmatism. Not sure if that is what you are meaning by "reflections."

Combat Vet

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a lot of trouble with "starbursts" due to astigmatism. Not sure if that is what you are meaning by "reflections."

Not sure Jmacken. I wear reading glasses but usually would shoot without glasses. I need to get outside and try it.

Kevin

rescue161

I wear glasses all the time and I haven't noticed anything but the small dot on mine.

OldBesty

I hope everyone is wearing eye protection. Ordinary prescription glasses and safety glasses will not correct astigmatism.

If the red dot is "crisp and clean" in appearance (and you are simply seeing reflections of a "crisp and clean" dot), it is not likely to be problem of astigmatism.

If you think it is astigmatism, you can verify by utilizing and gazing through small aperture of a rear peep sight.

To achieve extended battery life, the optic is engineered utilizing a low voltage diode that shines very dim; coatings on the glass are very efficient in reflecting visible light in spectrum of "red" wave length, and the glass is also tilted to facilitate this; hence the tendency for "red dot" reflection(s).

It's normal for the reflection(s) to be more noticeable in the indoor environment and when lighting is predominately behind you. Killflash ARD is NOT going to help it.

I would take the optic outside and check it in daylight. You do not necessarily have to go shooting with it. If you can't longer see the reflections or they least become hardly noticeable, then you have your answer. If the reflections are still too intense and problematic, I would suggest returning/exchanging the optic if possible, or contacting Aimpoint CS. It can be something is out of spec (e.g., glass tilt angle, diode out of position, reflective coating thickness, etc). I am confident Aimpoint CS will take good care of you.

Aaron

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter

Have someone with good vision confirm what you're seeing. I've had people report similar things about red dots that are crisp and clear to me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter