AC556 parts kits question.

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
I recently purchased an AC-556 Blued version. I have been looking for spare parts for it. The only parts I am finding are stainless. Is the any reasons that I should not purchase the stainless parts to use with my blued gun?

Last edited:

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I was in your situation a few years ago and couldn’t find anything but a few stainless kits. Thankfully, I was able to get a complete parts kit that doesn’t even look like it was ever used.

As for your question about mismatching stainless and blue parts, I don’t think it’ll be a problem at all. I’ve seen numerous rifles built with both types of metal (mostly bolt actions).

As for finding a parts kit and or a folding stock, Check eBay or funbroker. Keep searching and don’t give up. With time, You’ll find what you want.

The good news is you likely won’t break anything and mini-14 parts will work (with the exception of select fire parts).

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
I sold my last one a while back. They went for just under 1k for a complete kit (standard wood stock and 18” barrel) and all parts
Except for the de-milled receiver. As preciously pointed out most mini-14 parts
Interchange. The selector parts, linkage piece to the trigger, the trigger, and rocker arm are all ac556 specific, so
Make sure the kit you are getting has these parts. They do come up from time to time, so look at the sites previously mentioned as well as here. Good Luck!!!

dvader

I have my AC556F (blue folder) for sale on Sturm. Didin't really want to sell it, but I have medical bills. I kind of hope it doesn't sell, but when it does, I will selling off my spares which include a nice blued trigger pack, op rod, pistol grips, transfer levers, Tapco folding stock, Bete "C" mag, "90 Rounder" mag, Ciener .22 kit, and a bunch of Black dog .22 mags. etc.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter