A New Player in the Forced Reset Arena Has Emerged- PBG

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
A New Player in The Forced Reset Arena Has Emerged- PBG

PBG Stands for powered by Graves. This Trigger Has been in the Making for a while. First Rare Breed about 15 months Ago. Then WOT, next TommyTriggers and now Graves who holds many patents has Released a new version called ART (Automatic Resetting Trigger) . Interesting to see how ATF responds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDnra3wW_G4

Last edited:

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
So who actually owns the patent on the forced reset trigger? It is my understanding that Rare Breed is paying someone else for use of the patent and has gone after WOT & Tommy Triggers in court for patent infringement. I don't really know. Of course the deepest pockets can use the patented technology. With the ATF involvement, that adds another layer of difficulty. Has anyone gathered the information?

Scott

Mackjack

UZI Talk Supporter
That roller could be neat. Eliminate some of the tolerancing issues of the lever

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I think Graves owns the patent that RB is licensing. Graves is going to sell them through BDU. That didn't work out for RB or WOT.

The only thing keeping the ATF from stealing a companies property is the money and ability to fight the ATF in court. I'm not sure if Graves has the money, so their property is in danger of being stolen too.

I'm not interested unless it's a 3 position.

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
There wouldn't be just one patent for these. A patent doesnt cover a concept, it covers a implementation. There are a million ways to suppress a firearm, all using the same concept, but there is a veriety of patents covering different methods of achieving the results.
Feds will always try to bully folks into doing what they want. And like all bullies, they will go after those they perceive as the weakest. Even though by very definition of a MG these are most clearly not a MG.
3 position would be the ticket.

pjm204

Selling through BDU is a terrible decision. I think the market is/has turned on BDU at this point.

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
I just received my order for these new Graves Triggers. This is the Best one of the whole bunch so far. I can pull singles with just a little effort. The main thing is that '
its harder to lock up the bolt if you pull too hard. Its very very predictable that you get your "resetting mode" all the time till you get off the trigger. With the others I had to concentrate on a really soft
pull or it would just shut down. Trigger pull is very nice and its supurbly machined. When you try to get it the lower, you think its too wide. No, it fits so
snugly tight. And unlike the others , I put it in my 9mm and 45 AR's and it ran 100 Per Cent !! I will now dump my others that I pulled out of my
lowers when i replaced them with PBG's

Pretty Professional Thorough Video on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFYj9_6Q3Mg

Last edited:

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
I just received my order for these new Graves Triggers. This is the Best one of the whole bunch so far.

I agree. I got a Rare Breed to try... found that it didn't work consistently without a lot of tweaking. I got a WOT to try... found that it also didn't work consistently without a lot of tweaking.

The Graves Alamo-15 FRT actually WORKED when I tried it. Like the others, tried it first in a cheap, Palmetto State Armory basic AR... only change was an H2 buffer, and the thing actually WORKED as designed. I don't know if it's the roller geometry or what, but it functioned as advertised where the others did not.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I noticed that the BATFE's letter says that "some FRTs" are "machine guns" but does not state which companies FRTs are "machine guns". They want us to call them to inquire. ;)

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member

saxon

UZI Talk Supporter
I noticed that the BATFE's letter says that "some FRTs" are "machine guns" but does not state which companies FRTs are "machine guns". They want us to call them to inquire. ;)

yup got to love them "we know what we call MG's but we won't tell you, please call"

jt526

UZI Talk Life Member
Tommy triggers was raided a month or so ago, and the three position upgrades and his triggers were seized. I know they aren’t a fan of those!

Renegade

UZI Talk Supporter, , Semper Vigilo
Except they're not and still available online and on GB.

Yeah that is coming to an end RSN.

Enjoy while you can, they will be as illegal and unavailable as bump stocks in a few months.

deadduck

It's all good... as long as I keep having boating accidents. :angel

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
Here is my CMMG upper on a 556 Lower using 9mm conversion mags (endomags
Very controlleable and singles are easy/ CMMG are very soft shooting compared to regular blowback
I am using a H3 buffer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqmqGWAg97g

These Grave Triggers are the most user friendly of all of them out there

Last edited:

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
And the price just got lowered to $319!!!

They're touting it as a "positive displacement trigger" rather than an FRT. :)

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter