7.62x39 Drums w/ AR Tower

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
Does anyone know of a manufacturer welding an AR feed tower to a Chinese style 7.62x39 drum? I am fortunate enough to own a 75 round drum pre '94 round drum that runs well. Especially with the current production AR mags in this caliber, it would be nice to add a couple more to my magazine inventory. Anyone know of anyone doing such a modification?

Scott

M10

They made AR tower AK 5.56 drums for a year or so. Very rare, and run like *&$#&.That said, the 7.62*39 guts from a Romy mag should fit one. Getting the 7.62 floorplate to clear the tower might take some doing.

ASC offers a stainless 7.62*39 mag for AR platform, if you want to attempt a DIY on an AK drum. I would probably chop up a Korean drum before a Romy.

Uncle Billy

They made AR tower AK 5.56 drums for a year or so. Very rare, and run like *&$#&.That said, the 7.62*39 guts from a Romy mag should fit one. Getting the 7.62 floorplate to clear the tower might take some doing.

about 10 or so years ago, soon after I bought my SLR-106u (5.56) AK, I modified a BETA 100 round drum AR feed tower to go in that AK.

by cutting the top portion off the AR feed tower, then cut the top portion off from a plastic TAPCO GAILIL/GOLINI mag. then I matted the 2 pieced together using J-B WELD and 2 aluminum braces.

it's still solid as Rock of Gibraltar :D and functions perfectly

the problem was that you can't load those drums by hand, spring tension is way toooooo tight for that. so I modified a BETA stripper loader to go over the AK. now I can load the drum easy and quickly :)

I'm probably the only one if the country that a has a 100 round 5.56 AK drum in the country :D at least I have never seen one on the boards

since I made that, I went on to make a 70 round drum for my 7.62 and 9mm PPS 43 using SUOMI and PPSH-41 drums and 70 round drum for my MP5k and they all function perfectly, because that's how I roll :)

mp5-drum.jpg

Digital-Camera.jpg

pps43-drum.jpg

for those interested a video of me loading that 100 round AK drum and shooting

https://youtu.be/SMiFz9spQXg

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter