37mm Tannerite?

sskinwindoww

I do not know anything about the legal ramifications, nor will I suggest any legal advice, nor what I say could be construed as legal advice.
That being said, I have thought about similar things. I do not know at what point tannerite becomes a explosive (or if it actually legally ever becomes a explosive). I would "think" that it never is a legal explosive based on the fact that it would then be a felony to pop off some (i do not know either if a specific amount changes the classification).
Tannerites reaction is started by high pressure shock. I do not know if the firing of the grenade would detonate it or not (I would guess not) but the contact I would most certainly think would not detonate. I can think of multiple mechanical devices that may or may not work to detonate it, but I think that they would be more trouble then they are worth.
What I would think the best method would possibly be to go, is research what exactly constitutes a firework, and find out if you can classify a fused black powder shell as a firework. I do not know what the legalities of a remote discharged black powder shell would be. A magnesium strip fuse that is ignited off of the 37mm shell (with a wadding between the propellant and the charge). It would be more of a distance fuse then a contact fuse. But hey, you could add metals to make it a cool color and what!

Just thinking things through, (again, no legal advice here). I cant remember what your m37 was classified as, is it a dd or a shotgun (sbs?)? I do not know if this matters, as I "think" it more matters what you launch then how... thinking about can cannons.
Just had a thought... you need a dragons breath shot... please post a picture!!!
why dont you shoot the tannerite in a pile with a concussion 37mm round, a direct impact should trigger your desired results

sskinwindoww

This. It’s not going to work. Bad idea. You could increase the launch charge but it’ll likely blow your hand off before blowing up a target.
why dont you shoot the tannerite in a pile with a concussion 37mm round, a direct impact should trigger your desired results

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter