308 Galil Barrels AVAILABLE

JohnnyBfromAZ

Just wanted to put it out there for anyone looking for a 308 Galil barrel. I have a large quantity coming in within the next few weeks- SAR 16" and ARM 20" and potentially 18" as well. These are US made, 41V50 chromoly steel with M25x1.5 receiver threads. Custom profiles and threads will be available if there is enough interest to justify reprogramming mid-run. If you are interested or have any questions, let me know!

JohnnyBfromAZ

Price will be $250 plus shipping. These will come parkerized and short chambered for ease of installation with minimal equipment necessary.

JohnnyBfromAZ

Just an update for the people interested- There were some setbacks with the freight shipment of barrel blanks getting to the machine shop in time, so they got moved to the right in the machining schedule. The barrels will be profiled the week of Sep 19th, and should be available for purchase the following week!

Knooter

Following!

I've been looking for a decent price on a .308 barrel forever.

JohnnyBfromAZ

Myself as well- and that is where I decided to do it myself. I was either displeased with the quality or the price (or both) of most of the barrels I have seen. There is no reason for an unfinished 308 Galil barrel to be $400+ in my opinion. So I figured I've seen enough people looking for a barrel to complete their builds that I would jump on that grenade. However, to make it economical, I had to put this together on a mass scale. So, I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it if everyone spreads the word on the barrel availability, so I can recoup the losses on the initial blank purchase and subsequent machining and post processing. If I can start to make a bit of money on these, I plan to reinvest and go after 5.56 barrels next and then we can see where we can take this- I know there are a ton of parts kits floating around, so I'm hoping there will be a decent demand.

JohnnyBfromAZ

Hello all,
First off, let me apologize for the lack of communication so far. I have been out of pocket dealing with various issues- one of them being barrel production. Long story short, the machine shop that was profiling the barrels decided that they could not complete the 100+ barrels at the price they had originally quoted after sitting on them for months. This is rare, but it does happen from time to time with job shops that don't have a good estimator on staff. It took calling in some favors, but the barrels are now with RCM machining and will be completed before Christmas. If you are not familiar with RCM, they make the vast majority of roller lock HK parts for the US market, as well as being a solid producer of HK rifle, SMG and pistol barrels. I have already received a number of emails regarding interest in barrels, but I would like to get everyone on the same page(including myself). If you would like to place a preorder for a barrel, send me an email to jbro0351@gmail.com with the following information-

Full name
Shipping address
Specify ARM OR SAR configuration and quantity

Currently, I have not set up with a merchant services company, so I can't take cards at the present time. I can take Paypal, Venmo or Zelle.

JohnnyBfromAZ

Hey so if you have emailed me about barrels through the forum, sorry, but I haven't been getting any. I just had someone email me directly about a barrel and he said he had previously tried to reach me. Something was jacked up with my email or something. Barrels are in- I have the 20" Model 336(ARM/AR) barrels, and the 16" Model 329 (SAR) barrels. These are dimensional copies taken off multiple IMI guns for reference. They are short-chambered by ~.025" so you can finish reamer the chamber perfectly when you've fitted your bolt correctly. You can rent a reamer for relatively cheap from a few places(I think around $15/3 days), or I can provide this service for an additional $125. I'll just need you to send in your receiver and bolt, and you'll get back a barreled receiver, lugs lapped correctly and headspaced to your specifications. If you need the bullet guide fit correctly I can do this for you as well. Barrels are $350 for the ARM, and $325 for the SAR. Please email me directly, as I don't check the forum too often.

As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I will post some for those interested.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter