Search results

1. J

Uzi Micro packaging.

Anybody got a picture of an Uzi Micro in it's original case/packaging? I'm just wonderig how they were packed along with their stock. There's nowhere anywhere in the AA Pistol cases for anything other than the pistol, two mags and the owner's manual.
  2. J

Prices pdf

Not good news but expected.
  3. J

Looking for a small Allen wrench

Got a couple of set screws to remove that need a 1.0 mm (One millimeter) Allen wrench. Everything I'm finding here goes from .9 mm to 1.5 mm, no 1.0 mm. Believe it or not, .9 mm is too sloppy/too easy to round over corners. Sure don't want to find myself looking for an Easy-out small enough to...
  4. J

Uzi Mini manuals

I've found lots of Uzi owner's manuals for everything but the Minis. I've seen Mini specific manuals but they're in Spanish or Italian. Was there ever an English version? Wouldn't mind picking one up for my collection.
  5. J

Ultimate kit build.

In addition to modern firearms, I've got a soft spot for some of the older guns. Here's my 11-year project. It hasn't been a full-time job, more like when a wide spot in my schedule showed itself. Other than rifled barrel blanks, I've had to make just about everything else, including making my...
  6. J

UZI MSRP

Does anybody happen to know what the Minis and the Pistols sold for new back when they came out? It would be interesting to know how much they've appreciated.
  7. J

Extractor too long. What gives?

When assembling, I put an extractor in the SA bolt of my mini and found that it sticks too far out to let the cartridge sit flat against the bolt face. This extractor installs and is held in by the retaining pin without undue force so I'm thinking "Uzi extractor, no problem". The result is that...
  8. J

Pistol project

Parts for pistols and micros are few and far between so when you need a front or rear portion, you gotta build them yourself. Slowly chewing away at a piece of A36 billet is yielding the front portion w/ front sight ears and trunnion as a one-piece, piece. Cutting the barrel nut threads would...
  9. J

Ammo question

Studying photos for details on an Uzi pistol and I ran across one marked 9X21, not the usual 9X19 or 9mm PARA. Anybody else run across this? I checked my pistol barrel and it's case protrusion is .135"; correct for an Uzi chamber for standard 9mm ammo so how rare are 9X21mm Uzis? This...
  10. J

Searching for the rarest of UZI blueprints.

I've looked through our library and seen that other people have been searching too but does anybody have Micro UZI pistol dimensions I could get spacing, location(s) for lug and feed ramp, ejector and dimension details on how a Micro feed ramp or trunnion or etc differs from a full-sized or...
  11. J

Interesting find / fun reading.

I ran across this and thought it might be interesting for UZI fans; https://image-ppubs.uspto.gov/dirsearch-public/print/downloadPdf/4335643
  12. J

Rear sight adjustment .

Got bored during the COVID lock-down but couldn't shut off my imagination. Previously I "Americanized" the rear sight windage knob on my Mini Uzi so I wouldn't have to use / keep track of the sight adustment key. My new rear sight could be adjusted with thumb and forefinger but seemed too big to...
  13. J

Extractor length differences.

When I was having FTF problems, it turned out that the extractor was too long and was actually holding the base of the ctg. away from the bolt face and at an angle. When it tried to chamber a shell at an angle other than straight on, it ended up stove piping the loaded round(s). Once I got and...
  14. J

UZI rear sight mod.

Looking for a show of hands here. I want to open up my rear sight and have two options; Open up with a larger drill size or mill off the top half down to the existing pin hole center line. What say you all?
  15. J

Semi Auto Mini pistol.

Got my mini's bugs worked out and it shoots great. One last thing I wanted to do was get the correct selector for the FCG. I know putting in the block on the floor of the grip housing keeps an FA selector from going too far forward but I wanted a true Uzi Semi selector. Found one and installed...
  16. J

Parkerizing for the home gunsmith.

Parkerizing solution concentrate is commercially available where gunsmithing supplies are sold. Make sure you get the concentrate that's ready to dilute and go. Some concentrates require an extra step of adding fine steel powder to "prep" the solution. Also required is a porcelain or stainless...
  17. J

Closed bolt internal "contours"

Closed bolt, semi-auto having some ejection problems. For what it's worth; I'm using a SMG extractor for better rim engagement / extraction. Inside the bolt is the barrel / feed ramp clearance cut and above it, a sloping face. When firing, the brass is more or less just tumbling out. Hot ammo...
  18. J

Done

Got this project out of mothballs and finished it. I wanted one with a more Americanized look so I went with what I thought a USGI mini would look like. "FIRE" and "SAFE" instead of "F" and "S". Same with the identifying marks on sheet metal and lower grip assy. Smaller cocking knob and a...
  19. J

Barrel turning

With barrels as scarce as hen's teeth, I ended up making one. Got a length of CrMoly 9mm 1:10 twist barrel blank from Preferred and turned my own. It took about a day of .020" per pass cuts to go from 1.25" blank down to the final profile but here it is. No doubt it would have been faster with a...
  20. J

SA trunnions

Ordered a trunnion and specified that I wanted an SA, not a FA trunnion. Got it and checked dimensions against a GM semi mini barrel I have. There's no way it's going together as-is. The SA trunnion is several sizes too small on the I.D. I have a demiled front piece (obviously from a surplus...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter