Search results

1. ericthered

Frankford Arsenal Intellidropper

I have always used a Hornady balance beam scale, powder trickler and 1/8 teaspoon measure for working up a load. It is a long, tedious, and generally unpleasant experience. Tedious tasks are not my favorite, so I kept my load building to a minimum... yes, thats a bad idea. I have read varying...
  2. ericthered

Refinishing the Uzi for the 3rd time

So I started out with brownells alumahide on this. It peeles and did not work very well. I stripped that off, and tried a cold blue. I had done a cold blue on a revolver, and really liked the results. It did not work at all on the Uzi. It basically looked blotchy and rusty (first picture). So I...
  3. ericthered

My solution to a non existent problem

So i have been quite happy with my 9mm AR pistol. Until I woke up at a to early of an hour today, and went to looking about "bolt bounce" (was intending to look into bolt cant that piston guns get?). Long story short, I found myself quickly dissatisfied with the solid buffer in my pistol...
  4. ericthered

Anyone try loading guncotton? Heres my results

I made some gun cotton to burn, but then was thinking about if it was a practical propellant in place of powder. I loaded some in 9mm and ran it throug the Uzi. I figured the uzi was the best bet as it can handle the +p++ loads some folks use, and I had no idea what actual pressures I would be...
  5. ericthered

FRT status?

Anybody know the current status of FRT and rare breed? Last I heard ATF was bullying, but the actual law still is the same that they are a semi automatic.
  6. ericthered

Can you give me a value estimate of my gun and gear?

I need a value estimation on my 458 SOCOM. Gun is a KM tactical side charging upper (looked on their website and they no longer carry it). Lower is a Anderson. Trigger is a PSA 3.5lb flat face. Grip is a magpul. Odin adjustable buffer. Scope is Redfield Revolution 3x9. In the pictures it...
  7. ericthered

Semi auto 9mm ar15 pistol double tapping and stringing

i put together a 9mm pistol that has the adapter to use colt style mags. It has a aero 7.7oz buffer, standard spring. Some $90 bolt, 5.5" barrel, anderson lower, and some random upper i picked up a while back, am running a milspec trigger. So the thing will double tap, and sometimes do a string...
  8. ericthered

Uzi brace .stl

Hopefully I am posting this in the correct location. If a mod thinks it not the right location, please move it there. While this is a completely functional part, and is actually one of the more functional (in my opinion) braces I have used, this is mostly a check to figure out the operation of...
  9. ericthered

300 blackout feeding.

There were some good deals i got lined up recently, and lo and behold I ended up with a new gun. Its a 7.5" 300 blackout pistol with a shockwave blade, anderson lower, Grizzly armament complete upper (bcg/charging handle). Leupold freedom rds, all said and done I have $500 into it. So i picked...
  10. ericthered

AR-S10 or whatever name i end up on.

Here is my current build. I am currently in the proceas of getting way to carried away with altering the design. It started out as i wanted a 9mm ar15 that could interchange mags with my Uzi. Decided to print a lower, bought a stripped upper, then started coming up with crazy ideas. Thought it...
  11. ericthered

front handguard direct attachment to suppressor legality.

Thinking about with a ar15 style, if a suppressor was connected directly to a barrel shroud or handguard. Would that be legal? Thinking on building a ar pistol with around a 4" barrel, would put a 4-5" shroud over it, then direct thread my can on with a male male adaptor. It would add some...
  12. ericthered

out of battery discharge.

So was shooting gophers today with my closed bolt semi auto full size model A Uzi. Its a McKay. I was using some Fiochi 115gr, mainly just to get rid of. It doesnt run very well at all through the Uzi. Have run one 25 round mag through it before, with about five instances of it not ejecting...
  13. ericthered

slow mini uzi build.

I have a full size Uzi receiver i plan on chopping down and converting to a mini uzi. It is a closed bolt semi auto pistol. Will most likely use a mini repair section to do it. As bolts are either expensive or hard to find, I am going to try my hand at making one. That is where I will start this...
  14. ericthered

requesting mini uzi bolt dimensions.

So have a full size receiver sitting around that i want to chop apart and make a mini uzi with. Unfortunetaly mini bolts are rarer then hens teeth, and folks can charge a premium on them. So what i am planning on doing, is modeling the bolt in fusion 360, then printing it on my 3d printer, then...
  15. ericthered

what modeling program do you use for your 3d printer?

I have a ender 3 printer with the upgraded hotend. Done a little printing. Havent been entirely happy with the program that I am using for modeling. I use blender. It is great for everything except precisely measured models. Which it was designed for artists and what, so not going to knock it...
  16. ericthered

FA double barrel break action shotgun?

Been thinking, would a double barrel shotgun with the triggers attached to eachother be considered a mg? Pulling one trigger would cause two shells to be fired. I see the giboa snake ar has two triggers... what started me thinking this is a while back someonne was selling on this forum a...
  17. ericthered

anybody know anything about firstcrownfirearms.com?

They seem slightly suspicious as they have everything they list as in stock, have a minimum order of $200, and require cashapp... which i have no clue what it is so prolly could scam me with it! And they take bitcoin... not a hipster so i dont deal in that. Anybody do business with them?
  18. ericthered

anybody see the keltec p50?

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/pistols/p50/ Kinda like the idea of the 5.7x28 cartridge... super partial to subguns/pistols. Only hesitancy on getting one of these things is the unreloadability factor of the cartridge. Totally awesome gun though! Keltec doesnt make what i think are...
  19. ericthered

handgun red dot sights. what do you use, do you like it, and why. and dot size

(UPDATE: I have bought a optic. Thank you all for your input. I have come to the conclusion that I need more guns so I can buy more optics.) As the title says, what is your favorite handgun optic? I have a optic ready Walther PPQ that i am looking for a sight for. Here are what i think are...
  20. ericthered

whats the point of poly coat on cast if it sloughs off when seating?

As the title says. Bought a couple hundred 576gr poly cast bullets (acme) for my .458 SOCOM. I sized my brand new brass. When seating it shaved just a smidgle of lead off. With some poly. Seems pointless to poly coat if it comes off. Am i doing something wrong? Never done cast bullets before...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter