Search results

1. ericthered

37mm Tannerite?

Been getting interested in booms and thinking about 37mm. As was mentioned, any HE above 1.3 grams makes it a DD if launched. Tannerite/ammonal is a HE. So no no to launch, transport, sell mixed, the whole bit. It is also pretty insensitive (there are ways to sensitize) and will not do anything...
  2. ericthered

New Atrius Trigger-looks like an improvement over the FRT and Alamo and Para15

Looks like a mix of the alamo and the tommy. Good for them! Price point like everybody elses is still out there unfortunately.
  3. ericthered

Semi auto UZI Trigger Questions

Interesting. I have a DES grip that I have plans for but currently don't use that has that. I assumed that it had something to do with the stop dog on the model B.
  4. ericthered

Forced Reset Triggers Legal now??-Anyone Have Updates?

Thank you for the info. I hadn't heard exactly what the deal was, wasn't sure if it was another liberty safes all over again.
  5. ericthered

I made a error. Your correct in it being NAGR not FPC. I do know there was a issue with gunbroker selling out sales information to the atf. Not sure if it was gunbroker itself or the atf twisted the arms of sellers to divulge sales.
  6. ericthered

Firearms group is Firearms Policy Coalition. The super safety by Hoffman Tactical is a very cool device. Gives 3 position functionality. I believe you can get them from twin bros 3d printing. Google it or look it up on youtube.
  7. ericthered

Need Some Ideas To Raise Cash For Tenko Resubmition

Im on the same page about the determination letter thing. The only benefit is that it might forestall future lawsuits with the aft. That aside, you could do the preorder thing mentioned before, obviously there would be risk involved from the buyers perspective as you aren't in a position to...
  8. ericthered

You guys ever bench rest your FA UZI? What kind of groups do you get?

Had me in the first half. I love tweaking with things and pointless data, so i have shot paper with every one of my guns. I plan on putting a scope on my uzi (sa) to see what its actual accuracy is (it does annoy me that it would be mounted to the top cover). Anyways, your second part was...
  9. ericthered

Has anybody broken or wore out a striker carrier?

Since nobody else answered I will with less experience then is otherwise available. I have not heard of a worn out striker. Firing pins would be a good spare to keep however. You will probably wear out your firing pin about the same time you wear the bolt out... probably close to never.
  10. ericthered

Mk2 Sten Build Questions

The sten is a open bolt that you are converting to a closed bolt striker fired. Basically the same as a Uzi. I dont know to much about stens, but would think the select fire mechanism would be a similar design to the uzi in as far as how the sear behaves. If you remove a Uzi grip in semi auto...
  11. ericthered

The FNC on 9hole, again to low quality, to cheap

I don't really watch 9 hole, but I like Ians stuff, I dont remember his FNC video (will try to remember to look this weekend). Usually he is pretty good about explaining what the exact gun he has on hand is, clone or not. He has been known to do followups when he gets access to a real deal after...
  12. ericthered

Uzi Feed Issue: Help

Is this a open bolt or closed bolt gun? Did the manufacturer weld it together or was it converted from a semi auto? And what ammunition were you using? I probably wont be much help on this, but hopefully if you can provide a little more information on the gun, then the guys that know something...
  13. ericthered

UZI safety doesn't have positive engagement

congratulations on your new gun! The only difference between grip assemblies is between semi auto and full auto grips. Your cheapest way (and perhaps the cosmetically best way) is to just replace the selector lever and leaf spring inside of your grip. Your leaf spring should have a nubbin on it...
  14. ericthered

Freedom Ordnance FM-9 belt fed owners

Sorry for the confusion. I have a straight blowback magazine fed 9mm. The beltfed is out of my price range at this point. So yeah, I did kinda jump into a belt fed thread to rattle about my magazine fed pistol! That is what I was seeing people mention about loosening up. It could be either user...
  15. ericthered

I did read a bit of that first thread. Im not on any other gun forums then this, so was arriving from internet searches. Very interesting that your belt fed is quieting you down while still being remaining operational. So the RDB works, but could work better. They probably didnt lock it any...
  16. ericthered

Not to hijack a thread... (my personal opinion this one is due for a. hijacking as the gentleman who has no say in the operation of a company that is run by someone who it sounds like isn't interested in long production runs, but rather making things that interest him -which is totally...
  17. ericthered

LAW tube and 66mm rocket

So question, if you are making inert rockets (that do launch) do you have to register the launcher as a dd?
  18. ericthered

Wood grips?

I love wood on black guns. Not fond of laminates. What wood chosen would be a important factor in strength.
  19. ericthered

2 Clone pistols

Very cool! I like that 300!
  20. ericthered

Pistol project

Lol! I think you need to take a good hard look in the mirror when you talk about rich kids and rich kid toys! I was already getting a slight chuckle when you were building your pistol and you just whipped out a couple of custom machined parts... or I was envious... not sure which lol

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter