Search results

1. Paul Kersey

Question on importers of firearms

I have a Galil model 372. It was one that originally imported via Magnum Research but was sold through Action Arms (I believe these are referred to as "Transition Guns"). There is an area on the left side of the receiver where the "Magnum Research" info was and was slightly milled out removing...
  2. Paul Kersey

Uzi Magazine Identification

I have come across a UZI Mag that I am not sure who made it. It is commercial, so I assume low quality. I have looked at many images in "Google" and cannot find a match. It's probably a ProMag, but cannot tell. There are no markings on it (not even cartridge "counter" numbers) and the "mag...
  3. Paul Kersey

Galil Buffers

Years ago I purchased and installed a Galil recoil buffer for my IMI ARM. Years later, it is crumbling and I need a new one. It is the type that sits IN rear of the receiver, not the AK ones that sits and the end of the recoil spring. Does anyone know of a source for new ones? I don't know if...
  4. Paul Kersey

Cost to sandblast and Parkerize Uzi receiver

I am trying to decide if I want to build on a McKay receiver and am looking at the total cost. Looking at Gun Broker (sold items), I really do not want to have way more in it than buying a completed IMI gun or another Mckay build. Does anyone have any experience on outsourcing sand blasting...
  5. Paul Kersey

McKay Fully Welded Uzi Semi Receivers

I am attempting to get an answer from McKay if and when they may have the receivers available again. A question for those that have one- is the trunnion designed for the semi barrel or a semi? My understanding is that the inside diameter is different. I have a IMI 16 inch semi barrel I plan on...
  6. Paul Kersey

Bullpup rifles

I just watched some UTube vids on various .556 Bullpups available. They are not cheap, most $1600 and more. One that is no longer in production but still available via the used market is the older Bushmaster M17S. It appears they can be had for well under $1K (many specimens more around $800)...
  7. Paul Kersey

Uzi 9mm Grip Pin

Seems everyone is out of stock. Anyone have any idea who may have one? My lower is a Model A with a 9mm pin hole size (semi with "S" and "F") and I am thinking of getting a McKay welded receiver. I know the Mckay receiver is 8mm hole but figure I can drill it out to 9mm. I am checking to see if...
  8. Paul Kersey

Armalite AR18/180 Recoil BUffer

Does anyone know if the factory Armalite AR18/180 used a recoil buffer at the rear end. My got my gun used and it looks like it has a Blackjack buffer/pad, but I do not know if the original rifles used them. Thanks for any replies :O)
  9. Paul Kersey

McKay or Century?

I have IMI Model A parts (bolt assembly, 16 in barrel, folding stock, grip assembly) and plan on getting a welded UZI receiver and complete a build. Options look like McKay Enterprises or Century (UC9-9) welded receivers. The Century receiver is more complete (has sights and other small parts...
  10. Paul Kersey

Your thoughts on McKay UZI semi receiver

I found nearly all IMI UZI semi parts and now am thinking of using the McKay (already welded) receiver to assemble. I can't find much on-line on the McKay receiver. Good to go or not? I know people are putting together semi UZI kits, but I never see any sales of any completed.
  11. Paul Kersey

Another retro

Clone of Colt 741. Colt upper on a Anderson Manufacturing lower. PS: I could put this upper on my AR15A2 Colt Lower, but the Anderson works just as well/the same. (Besides the inscription/engravings/brand name on the lower receiver, I really can't see the difference in lowers anymore other...
  12. Paul Kersey

Retro-AR15A2 HBAR

You know your getting older when many of your firearms can be considered "retro"!
  13. Paul Kersey

Retro- Colt 653 clone

Not the real deal- but as close as I can get.
  14. Paul Kersey

STEN MK II

Thought I post a picture of a modification of my STEN. I hate the handling characteristics of the STEN, so I did this. Works great and I can switch back to original configuration in a snap.
  15. Paul Kersey

Best sub $100 electronic hearing protection

Have tried two different types. Lost the one I like and now have one that is crap. Anyone have a pair they really like? Thanks,

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter