Search results

1. ScottinTexas

Really did 'lose' an Uzi in a 'boating accident?"

Nice catch.....
  2. ScottinTexas

So I bought this FA bolt, have questions

I bought this complete bolt from Numrich for a spare. Is it a Group Industries bolt? It has a serial number very close to and in the same location as the Group Industries bolt on page 168 of RoverDave's book. I'm very suspicious of the extractor; it looks identical to the SARCO chinese copy...
  3. ScottinTexas

Another 'what is this?' Weird 80's vintage stock

I was sent these pics by a Gunbroker seller and he was wondering what firearm these were for. Maybe somebody knows. He said it's not for a Ruger 10/22 or Ruger .44 carbine. He was told it was for an Uzi but I don't think so. It's collapsible with an FAL-like carry handle. Any ideas?
  4. ScottinTexas

What is this mag pouch for?

I have this 3-cell, pebble grain black leather pouch and can't recall how I acquired it or what it for originally. It looks like it would fit Suomi Coffins. Is it WWII, German, Finnish? ???
  5. ScottinTexas

No more sharing of NFA items?

Not sure if this is true or not, but in a recent change to BATF FAQ's, see highlighted quote.
  6. ScottinTexas

Shout out to Sam at Practical Solutions

I recently sent Sam a TEC-9 upper receiver to reparkerize. I turned out perfect. Turnaround was about 10 days and it was the cheapest gun repair / refinish I have ever experienced; $77 including return postage. They do good work and I appreciate it.
  7. ScottinTexas

Need some advice - removing a really stuck 1/8" set screw

I very recently picked up an early TEC-9 (yeah, I know, junk kind of but still interesting) and it really needs a deep cleaning. When I got it the bolt was stuck about 1/2" from the closed position and it was jammed solid. After some soaking in SeaFoam and some persuasion with a mallet I...
  8. ScottinTexas

Well, guess I got scammed by a member here

I suppose eventually it will happen to all of us. I'm hoping I'm wrong but it's not looking good. I posted here looking for some specific Uzi mags. A member since February pm'd me, said he had some, texted me 3-4 pics. We agreed to a deal, I paid with USPS MO. MO was delivered 9/6 and per...
  9. ScottinTexas

Database of year IMI Uzi made by serial number?

Searching the Uzitalk files and forums I come up with.....Rover Dave saying no such reference exists. I have no reason to doubt it but I will ask anyway. Has anyone has found anything that would allow someone to be able to estimate the year IMI made a semi MA, MB, M45, etc.? I know the book...
  10. ScottinTexas

Looking for a source for Intratec Tec-9 parts

I've tried FTF, Numrich, Sludershot, etc. and not finding what I need. Any suggestions?
  11. ScottinTexas

Anyone seen any good deals on Uzi mags lately?

I know someone looking for some good used surplus 32-round mags and I asking the community if anyone has recently seen or purchased some of these and if so, what condition did they turn out to be. I don't see RTG listing their 'bulk packs of 10' any more and that's where most of mine came from.
  12. ScottinTexas

Those who have a Model B semi - question for you

For those with a Model B semi carbine that came with a 25-round magazine in the blue UZI box....what if anything is stamped on the mag? Star? IMI? I'm wondering what Action Arms packaged with the set in terms of magazine. Yeah, mine got lost by somebody and I'm looking for the correct replacement.
  13. ScottinTexas

FMV for Uzi carrying case, 3-mag (25 rd) pouches

I picked up recently as part of an auction lot the following: 1. 1980's vintage Uzi carrying case. 2. 1980's vintage 3-mag Uzi-marked pouch for the 25 round mags. What's the range of values for these?
  14. ScottinTexas

Can anyone identify the maker of this magazine?

Rubber 'bumper' floorplate, 20 rounds, extra mag catch cut. No markings. Any idea who the maker is, and of what era? [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG]
  15. ScottinTexas

Do you have or had an IMI / Action Arms Uzi Model B Carbine? I have questions.

I picked up a like new Action Arms Model B 16" carbine but it is missing some accessories. I'm trying to find what is missing but am unsure about some things. 1. Magazine. Is it a 20 or 25 rd mag? What is the finish - slick blued or black enamel paint? Any markings? 2. Sight tool. Any...
  16. ScottinTexas

Anyone know where I can find an IWI Uzi carbine sling?

Any suggestions? Looking for one that would have come with a 1980's-90's vintage Model B carbine.
  17. ScottinTexas

Recommendations for Chronographs requested

I guess it's time I had a chronograph and am looking for recommendations for good ones and / or warnings for ones to avoid. I really see no reason to spend more than $200 on one of these. Suggestions?
  18. ScottinTexas

Pretension on a Suomi drum

How many clicks of pretension should a Suomi drum have?
  19. ScottinTexas

Remember that OpticsPlanet deal on 124 gr Winchester 9mm?

....well, it doesn't appear they are going to honor those deals made a year ago. Surprise! I had a buddy who called them and got no answers, and I just wasted time chatting with 'Ross O' when I chased him on why they weren't filling these orders when they are showing 50 and 500-rd boxes of this...
  20. ScottinTexas

Armslist now worthless

Armslist has always been a den of thieves but I used to peruse it and actually bought and sold a few things there over the years. But they've been changing their structure gradually and now it is to the point that unless you pay $7.00 per month you can't even see the prices or descriptions, let...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter