Search results

1. Erevis

Could A .308 Upper For The Mac Style Family Of RRs Be Designed

Knowing the capital investment and ATF nightmare of approval, I wouldn't attempt to bring a magazine-fed .308/762 NATO upper to the market. I just really don't think there's a profitable market size for it-- especially considering the cost of .308 per round. Even a .308 belt-feed would likely...
  2. Erevis

Uzi magwell conversion

I have a M10/9MM double feed. The Uzi magwell made a lot of sense to me and I got it done. As it is, the M10/9mm double feed magazines are north of $100 for originals and are $60 for reproductions. If you can find them. And the M10/9mm magwell has no option for .45ACP. With the conversion, I...
  3. Erevis

Best Compact Folding Stock for M10?

That's it. Thanks. I told him in person, but I think I am going to write him to have it on record. Right now, he is up to his eyeballs in Uzi magwell conversions but said he will probably start on them when he gets caught up a bit.
  4. Erevis

Best Compact Folding Stock for M10?

I haven't posted yet about my picking up my M10/9mm a couple weeks ago from Practical Solutions. I had a long talk with Sam about stocks, and I don't want to put words into his mouth, but I expressed interest in him doing another run of the "Compact Stock" that he made a run of several years...
  5. Erevis

I got the call today...

Grats!!!! Pics are required.
  6. Erevis

Good Thoughts/Prayers For Sam Of Practical Solutions

Vegas, Thanks for the updates. I'm keeping Sam and Tina in my prayers.
  7. Erevis

Good Thoughts/Prayers For Sam Of Practical Solutions

I talked to Sam last Monday on the phone and he told me that he was sick. I didn't realize that he was on O2 in the hospital now. I am glad you posted this. I knew and have had him in my prayers, but I didn't want to put his personal life out on the web. I know that he has a lot of people on...
  8. Erevis

New Semi-Auto M10 9mm Owner

I am not sure about the flat head screw pin, but you can get a nice two-piece pin from Practical Solutions. I use one on my FA M10/9mm. Link: https://macmachineguns.com/?product=m10-2-pc-front-pin-2 It does indeed seem like it came with buffers. The FA did, and I can't image why the SA...
  9. Erevis

Finally did it. Just dropped off my M10/9mm with Sam and Tina.

For me, I didn't worry about the collector's value. It is still a transferable SMG and its serial number in the registry is what makes its value. My decision is based purely on usability and practicality. Unlike Sten conversions, the Uzi conversion retains a double stack magazine and...
  10. Erevis

This was where I got concerned. My reading showed that "machinegun" is a category, but "concealable" adds another variable to equation. As mentioned earlier, the only real option that I could see was Collectibles Insurance, but they have a wait time.
  11. Erevis

I called Sam, and we had a good conversation. I made an appointment and called him when I got into town.
  12. Erevis

I looked at Collectibles Insurance Company. They have a "wait time" before they will cover shipping to avoid people just getting a policy to ship and then drop it. I had the opportunity to just drive it now and get it started or wait a few months until Collectible would cover shipping. As for...
  13. Erevis

With a 3.5 hour drive, I'd drive it without reservations. Sam assured me that he's never had one shipped in either direction that ended up lost, but my luck tells me that I'd be the one.
  14. Erevis

LOL.. that was me being too OCD about shipping the gun. Agonizing over shipping is what caused me to put off the conversion for about 3 years. At least now, I know its started.
  15. Erevis

It was an exhausting 20 hour, 1,100 mile round trip. However, it was an absolute pleasure to get to meet, talk to, and get a tour of Practical Solutions with Sam and Tina. Great people! Now, the wait begins. Feel free to fill this thread with uzi magwell converted MACs to help me through the...
  16. Erevis

wtb mac 10 9mm bolt

I have an unused double feed M10/9mm upper and bolt that I could part with. PM me if that interests you.
  17. Erevis

M10/9 magazine questions

I've given up on the RPB magazines. I've owned 4. After the first set wouldn't seat and lock up, I returned them. Later, I bought two more believing that it was just a bad batch. Same issue. If I get them to seat, they bind on the bolt. I know that MACs had a certain degree of variation in...
  18. Erevis

Red dots for M10

I haven't decided yet, but I am either going to (probably) put an Aimpoint ML3 or try the new Swampfox Optics Blade prism optic. I'll probably do a ML3 as it as been a solid optic on my AR for over 10 years and I like commonality. However, the Swampfox looks interesting...
  19. Erevis

The MAX-10/15 list is Open!

Emailed for my place in the line.
  20. Erevis

Mac 10/45 or Mac 10/9

When faced with that question, I went with the M10/9mm. In retrospect, I should have gotten a M11/9mm, but I wanted the beefier receiver. I went with the M10/9mm because I always intended to do an Uzi magwell conversion (which I still have to do.) It didn't seem right to take a M10/.45 ACP...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter