Search results

1. U

MAX-10/45 Speed Bolt for Gen 1 MAX-10/45

Are these still offered or is there a way to special order one? Possibility of future runs?
  2. U

M11/15 engineering q?

Can someone help me understand why the BATFE is requiring the recent rifle cal uppers (SABRE, LAGE) to have a hole drilled in the rear of the receiver but not other uppers like the Max 31? I know it has to do with not being able to fire the upper without it being paired to the lower, but from...
  3. U

Gemtech Viper Mount

When I was looking at the following picture in the pic thread, I noticed that the Viper mount seems to be screwed in between the threads on the barrel, I can't quite tell. I was under the impression it was to be screwed against the unthreaded portion of the barrel flush against the receiver...
  4. U

Lage Bolt Alternatives

As I understand it, the gen 1 Max 10 speed bolts have been discontinued. Is there any way to run a Lage Max 10 (gen 1) upper with either a standard side cocking bolt or a standard Lage bolt without the weight?
  5. U

Suppressors DESTROY M16 Lower Receivers

I was recently reading on Specialized Armament's website, "The gas confined within the suppressor overloads the AR-15’s gas system and causes damage to several areas within the weapon, most notably the lower receiver. Simply speaking, the can has overwhelmed the AR-15’s standard design and...
  6. U

Hanguards in full auto

What hand guards are you guys running? I am reading that aluminum hand guards can be prone to heat issues. Have any of you experienced this, particularly after a few mags on auto? I understand hand guards are going to get hot regardless; I am specifically wondering if there is a noticeable...
  7. U

11.5 in buffer weight

For those of you running 11.5 in. uppers, what buffer do you use? Would an H2 be a good all around choice. I have been reading up on the subject, but am interested in your experiences. Is one buffer (whatever the proper weight is) sufficient for use both suppressed and unsuppressed?
  8. U

KNS Non-Rotating Pins

How many of you guys use the KNS pins in your guns? I have read that they are not recommended for use with Geissele triggers because they are not properly sized and am wondering about that specific combination. Is wear to FCG holes due to rotating pins a legitimate concern in autos or are the...
  9. U

Why are post sample HK's and SBR HK Clones so expensive?

I don't mean the transferable machineguns. I am referring to the clones that are made for registered trigger packs and post samples. For example 14k for a post sample MP7? http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=174074 6.6k and 7.8k for SBR's...
  10. U

HBAR for full auto

For "sustained" (more than a couple mags, not "beltfed sustained") full auto in 11.5 and 14.5 in guns, is there much benefit to an HBAR/SOCOM profile barrel, or in your opinions, does the additional material not amount to much more than superfluous weight?
  11. U

How to tell if m16 is NIB

*UPDATE W/PICS How to tell if m16 is NIB When inspecting an RR, what should one look for in trying to verify the likelihood it is in fact unfired, other than the obvious (marks on brass deflector, feed ramp, bolt face, etc.? Any subtleties one should be looking for? A patch through the gas...
  12. U

Durability of M16A1 vs. M16A2 lower receiver

On another thread it was mentioned that there were two primary changes to the lower receiver of the A2, being the reinforcements at the front hinge pin holes, on the buffer tube ring itself and where the buffer tube ring integrates into the lower. It was mentioned that this was to strengthen it...
  13. U

M60 Joe Work

Looking at RR 16's. I understand some of the guns, like the Oly's, are out of spec. and Joe can "fix" that for around 1k. Can someone tell me what exactly makes the gun out of spec. and what he does to fix it? Also, I understand that the M16A1 guns are not reinforced the way the A2's are...
  14. U

RDIAS vs RR Reliability

Is there any inherent difference between the reliability of a RR with standard components vs. a gun with a DIAS?
  15. U

MAC Idiosyncrasies

I recall reading on a few occasions of several idiosyncrasies, described as general guidelines, of the MAC family firearms (and perhaps other open bolt sub guns?). For example, if I recall correctly, it was advised not to place the safety in the on position when the bolt is closed, then try to...
  16. U

General Purpose Lithium Grease vs. Marine Grease

Was looking at these two for a firearms lubricant. The general purpose has a melting point of 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The marine grease has a melting point of 500 degrees Fahrenheit and "resists water washout even under the most severe saltwater conditions. It offers superior protection against...
  17. U

Gemtech Viper Locking Mount Problem

For those of you with a Viper, particularly on a Lage barrel (as it's not completely round on the outside and the 3 mounting screws have to be positioned a certain way), have you ever had problems with the locking mount coming loose? If so, is there any way to remedy this short of drilling...
  18. U

does anyone have 10 minutes?

Would someone kindly assist me by making a step by step video of a detail strip of the M-10/45 (particularly the fire control group)? I am aware that Mac-11.net has a diagram of the M-11/9 takedown and that the M-10 is simular, but I am interested in the details of of the M-10.
  19. U

Price Check on DIAS's

Per JTinIN's suggestion: What's up with this shit?: http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nf...gi?read=147439 A large segment of the NFA market seems to be inflated somewhat arbitrarily lately. 20k for a used sear (I get it's steel) and a host? It's not like it comes with a Shrike. Maybe this is...
  20. U

SMG Triple-Mag pouches $7 w/FREE SHIPPING! QUESTION

The advertisement says these are for 9mm and .40. Does anyone know if these will fit 30 rd. .45 ACP GG mags? As posted by Sillycon: SMG Triple-Mag pouches $7 w/FREE SHIPPING! http://www.botachtactical.com/catrsmgmagpo.html

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter