Search results

1. Paul Kersey

Cost to sandblast and Parkerize Uzi receiver

Parkerizing sounds easy, I just don't know if I want to "learn" on a pretty expensive part (to me anyway). BUT- it is sometime I might try on misc parts (like old magazines, etc.). What is slowing me down is if I SBR it I have to have it engraved with my name and city/state? I have read...
  2. Paul Kersey

Great idea Thanks
  3. Paul Kersey

I am still looking at options to put a finish on my McKay receiver. I had my "in the white" McKay receiver sandblasted and learned (always the hard way) that you just have a short period of time to do the parkerizing after sandblasting. Opps- my bad. I do not "see" any rust on it and it is...
  4. Paul Kersey

Uzi Magazine Identification

Thanks guys. Yep- a polished "blue" finish on it. My answer has been received and I thank you. Happy New Year (we all hope)
  5. Paul Kersey

Uzi Magazine Identification

I have come across a UZI Mag that I am not sure who made it. It is commercial, so I assume low quality. I have looked at many images in "Google" and cannot find a match. It's probably a ProMag, but cannot tell. There are no markings on it (not even cartridge "counter" numbers) and the "mag...
  6. Paul Kersey

If I do not "give it a go myself"- that is who I will use. :O)
  7. Paul Kersey

Galil Buffers

IMI Galil Model 372. It is not fired that much and it looks brand new. My kids will enjoy the great shape it is in. I use my guns but do keep them nice. The Galil is not fired that much because it has brothers and sisters crying for food as well. The last time I looked at sold actions on GB...
  8. Paul Kersey

Galil Buffers

I don't think it is over gassed and have never seen an indication there is an issue. But with the price of IMI Galils today, it's cheap insurance. This one sits in the back, I do not like the AK bufffers that since on the recoil spring unit.
  9. Paul Kersey

Galil Buffers

YES it is! They have been out of stock so long I stopped looking at them on their website! Thanks!
  10. Paul Kersey

Galil Buffers

Years ago I purchased and installed a Galil recoil buffer for my IMI ARM. Years later, it is crumbling and I need a new one. It is the type that sits IN rear of the receiver, not the AK ones that sits and the end of the recoil spring. Does anyone know of a source for new ones? I don't know if...
  11. Paul Kersey

I have not completed it. Still " in the white" but all parts fitted, so I may take you up on any advice you have.
  12. Paul Kersey

Anyone try one of the Brownells Aluma-Hyde II Parkerizing paint?

What "brand" was the paint? I might be interested in trying this.
  13. Paul Kersey

All makes sense and thanks for the information. I have used GunKote in the past and have been happy with it. I know there are other "paints" but it will probably be GunKote over the Park. I have everything now but a few bolts and nuts (forward handguard) and some springs. I believe I can get...
  14. Paul Kersey

Many thanks. How do you mask off the feed ramp- with duct tape? (Or- what is the best method?) I would think tape would be quickly stripped off while blasting. The receiver will be stripped, so feed ramp I feel is the only place I need to be concerned with. As you said. the inside walls will...
  15. Paul Kersey

Project is on-going. I have the McKay welded receiver. I found someone with a sand blaster= yea. But do you sandblast the entire thing or just the outside and not the inside where the feed ramp is? Also, I assume sandblasting should not be done on the inside walls where the bolt slides? Thanks
  16. Paul Kersey

WOW- great idea! I have built 2 Aks and had one built by professional. I have to admit I tend to be more proud of my builds, although the professional built is perfect and my builds have a few cosmetic quirks. In fact, one is a mixture of Romanian, Hungarian, Chinese, and Polish parts- all on a...
  17. Paul Kersey

Thanks for the reply and the information. I will see what it will cost, but probably more than I want to put into it. I may check local places that can sand blast and get a kit from Brownells and park it myself. I most likely will paint it over the park. As mentioned, my options are to sell...
  18. Paul Kersey

I am trying to decide if I want to build on a McKay receiver and am looking at the total cost. Looking at Gun Broker (sold items), I really do not want to have way more in it than buying a completed IMI gun or another Mckay build. Does anyone have any experience on outsourcing sand blasting...
  19. Paul Kersey

Uzi 9mm Grip Pin

Got one from usbarrelshrouds just a few weeks ago, I believe newly made. Fit and looks great. Thanks for all the replies

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter