Search results

1. amphibian

Full size Uzi Suppressor recommendations.

I seem to recall someone point that out before and they called and they re-used the description from another can for this one or something like that but sure, I would verify. I wouldn't buy it if they changed to a sealed design.
  2. amphibian

Joe is now at Shaw Armament. He can do Bixler 3 lug or the Uzi barrel nut mount or both if you want. 3 lug more versatile and faster. While Uzi barrel nut replacement is only for the Uzi but again you could get both if budget is not a concern
  3. amphibian

However nowadays, you have several sources for quality 3 lugs fro around $30 and with the appropriate mount have almost nothing protruding from the handguard from say the M16 family like this:
  4. amphibian

I can't find the thread right now but someone posted some pics that Joe did of a custom UZI mount where he machined the teeth like a real UZI barrel nut so I presume he can do it. Yes, it will be a tad longer but more convenient especially if you want to quickly remove it just for transport and...
  5. amphibian

Not sure what you mean by that. Both are threaded, the barrel and adapter to match: so there is zero build up on the barrel/adapter...all goes into the can
  6. amphibian

As mentioned above, I personally like to thread the entire length vs just slapping a 3 lug on there. As this will happen below. That is some hard fouling. Bear in mind that almost all FMH ammo has an exposed lead base. HP, do not have an exposed lead base but how many people shoot 100% HP...
  7. amphibian

Check out the Suppressor section here also: https://uzitalk.com/forums/index.php?forums/suppressors.67/ I used to be a huge Gemtech MK9K fan and am primarily responsible for driving up the demand to bring that back into production I think around 2005 or so? It stayed in production till...
  8. amphibian

Need Help Identifying a Barrel

The P with a circle around it is an IMI proof mark (in front of the barrel nut flange). It was probably refinished after getting turned down.
  9. amphibian

Uzi barrel orders, Full size, Mini & Micro. Gauging interest

I can help you with that. PM me if you want.
  10. amphibian

Yep, it I will be threading the Mini barrels I ordered from Troy on my lathe when I get them.
  11. amphibian

Remington UMC 9mm Luger 147gr FMJ Subsonic?

I did a quick Google search and this is the IMI 158 I was talking about that came in several years ago: https://www.ableammo.com/catalog/imi-systems-subsonic-pistol-ammunition-imi9mm158-9mm-full-metal-jacket-fmj-158-rdbx-p-158624.html Widener's also brought in some IMI 158 gr projectiles too...
  12. amphibian

Remington UMC 9mm Luger 147gr FMJ Subsonic?

You still have some??? Wideners and a few others did get some in like 8 or so years ago and I got a few cases. I pretty much just reload my 147JRN ball. Not hard to get those projectiles and easy to maintain consistency vs factory types that may dry up like IMI 158 unless you can afford to...
  13. amphibian

I'll one up you on that....I have been looking to getting cold hammer forged and chrome lined 3 lug UZI barrels made.... no idea if I can get it going though. Maybe someone else will do it so I don't have to
  14. amphibian

Where to get Uzi Extractors?

I brought it up since I have no experience working with 'spring' steels and would probably screw that up. I do have a mill and lathe and comfortable doing prototype work so making an adapter is more appealing to me. Which I would think there may be some other people like me that may be in the...
  15. amphibian

Where to get Uzi Extractors?

I was at lunch after a SMG match with @K2 today. We both have enough extractors for our lifetimes but I brought this subject up. I was thinking that since the Uzi is just a simple hole then a slot for the retention pin that maybe it is more feasible to make an adapter to go in that hole and...
  16. amphibian

Need feedback on IMA barrel

Thanks but they have been out of stock for a long time and I used one of their chrome lined full size UZI SMG barrels and the chamber wasn't right. I had to basically sand off the chrome in the chamber to throat the barrel for it to run. Don't know if they ever fixed them.
  17. amphibian

.45 grease gun Magwell pics?

Yes, that screwed one is Greg Jesionowski's one I mentioned which is angled.
  18. amphibian

.45 grease gun Magwell pics?

Tim Bixler may have been the first guy to do it. Then Roger Loock of Revelation Arms, Chris Humphries is the guy you are thinking about which were very nice. Vector's were nice too. Also Greg Jesionowski made an angled grip version. I had one by Roger that I sold but a good friend copied it...
  19. amphibian

Need feedback on IMA barrel

I just bought a few of these after seeing these positive reviews and the chrome lining looks way better in person than the pics on their site. Very nice looking. I 3 lugged one and put it up on Gunbroker to help pay for one I want to keep. Thanks for the reviews. I wish they would make these...
  20. amphibian

Uzi Parts Kit. How'd I do?

+1...also if you try Parkerizing, it will change color as well. Chrome will still be shiny if you try Parkerizing it.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter