Search results

1. Deerhurst

Seeking Guidance On Adjusting Galil Gas For Suppression

IMHO, best bet is make it cycle without the can and just use that if you need it to run without a can. Pressure and volume that the piston face sees is not the same. Volume is greater due to the hole in the center and thus pressure is lower. I have a similar issue with my AKSU. Slightly under...
  2. Deerhurst

Nighthawk Firearms M10 OBS Pistol Frame? Anyone heard of these?

Didn't recognize the holes since I'm an MG guy and no experience with SA Macs. I have bought 80% AK recovers with FCG holes but nothing else. No shits given here. Build something or walk away seems about right. Everything seems to have different requirements. An AK receiver these days cannot...
  3. Deerhurst

Getting harder to find these days

Polymer is so easy to work with and strong these days. Lage makes one, probably a few floating around you can 3D print too. I have a Cobray marked one but I don't know if I've ever used a loader to load a magazine. I usually just suffer.
  4. Deerhurst

Nighthawk Firearms M10 OBS Pistol Frame? Anyone heard of these?

Yup, that's how I read it. It's not really a firearm yet until you drill the magic holes and once you do you are the manufacturer. Since it's after the open bolt cutoff open bolt is no go. Stupid but that's the law. I wouldn't blink an eye at having it around. As far as I can tell it's...
  5. Deerhurst

Rubber Trigger Covers

Just get some silicone tubing and slide it over the trigger.
  6. Deerhurst

Who Will Be The First To Put A SD Front End On Their Mac Style RR?

I'm not known to not be oblivious.
  7. Deerhurst

Totally went over my head!
  8. Deerhurst

Uhh, one affects the other since smokeless powder does not explode but burns rapidly. A factory length barrel would likely not have enough length outside the receiver for mounting and porting the barrel. Hence, more barrel! Just putting a can on the end and picking the right load is easier...
  9. Deerhurst

Calling on strobro32's Expertise

My wallet is crying at the thought of that!
  10. Deerhurst

Unopened mag

In my AO it is! The KeepShooting mags are $40/ea. BRP has them for $45/EA if you buy 10. OTB is asking $50/ea.
  11. Deerhurst

Unopened mag

I'd buy as many as I could at that price! Everyone asks $50 a pop local to me. I have enough that I really shouldn't buy anymore no matter the price. Last I counted I have more than 50 including 2 of the 50rnders. Looked at the ones I have in paper, they are all 1972 or 1973 marked paper.
  12. Deerhurst

Unopened mag

Yikes! I see aftermarket GG mags listed for $50. A sealed one is a value of $70 without knowing it works or not?
  13. Deerhurst

Unopened mag

I totally did not see the date. Thanks!
  14. Deerhurst

Unopened mag

How do you date the packaging? I've got a pile of those like that. Maybe a dozen or better. I don't need them at this point so I'm just leaving them in the paper. To me they are worth no more than any other GG mag. Someone may collect them in the paper though.
  15. Deerhurst

Anyone used a dead air Wolfman on a lage?

Same cans I run on my M10/45 upper and the Max31 as stated above.
  16. Deerhurst

Hm, should I be worried about my 165gr plated subs I have been running through my Max31 with a Keymo mount? I have yet to have an issue. I do giggle with how quiet they are. My cans are 46cal, SiCo Hybrid and a F1 can I turned.
  17. Deerhurst

I have little experience with the Uzi but I would say they are the exception and not the rule in that case. Hence the blanket statement. I have no gas issues with my M10 in original, Lage Max31 or Lage Max-15 configurations. My RPK without a can is probably the gassiest thing I own.
  18. Deerhurst

Not really sure why the micro key mount would have caused an issue unless the mount came loose. If it was from a jacket separating like DA says theirs was it wouldn't be a mount issue, would be a projo issue. I fully expect a can that gets hit with a bullet to leave the host. Very interesting...
  19. Deerhurst

Open bolt is just gassy with cans. Apollo, what was the actual failure? Rupture? Baffle strike? I've been running KeyMo on everything including my 556 Lage upper with zero issues from 24" barrels to 8" barrels from bolt guns to FA. Zero issues. ASR by SiCo on the other hand has been a PITA...
  20. Deerhurst

Shot my M11/9 with the Lage Max11/15 upper this weekend

I'm cheap and haven't yet decided what I need to buy for a bulk buy with you guys. Might as well save on shipping with another upper if I need a grip plug! Right?

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter