Another "soaring prices" thread

secondofangle

Ruben, who appears to set the market, recently sold every HK he had, some at ridiculous prices (like $52k for a married sear/receiver gun). And now it's M16s. He got half a dozen new in inventory over the weekend and has priced them thusly:

A2 AUTO marked LNIB $59,000
A2 BURST marked w Colt scope $60,000 (I'd rather have the Auto marked one w/o the scope)
A2 factory Commando with acrylic coated aluminum stock $65,000
R0635 SMG $55,000
Model 639 $50,000

Like they say, you can't pay too much, only too late, LOL

MG34_Dan

Ruben, who appears to set the market, recently sold every HK he had, some at ridiculous prices (like $52k for a married sear/receiver gun). And now it's M16s.
Model 639 $50,000

And that 639 wasn't right. It had a bastardized barrel along with an incorrect upper receiver. I think a nice condition, correctly configured, 639 would bring $55K+.

Uncle Billy

Like they say, you can't pay too much, only too late

actually, the saying goes, "you can't pay too much, only too early"

I bought quite a few rifles that I paid too much for at the time. now they're tripled from what I paid for them, which makes what I paid a super great deal :D

Last edited:

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
actually, the saying goes, "you can't pay too much, only too early"

I bought quite a few rifles that I paid too much for at the time. now they're tripled from what I paid for them, which makes what I paid a super great deal :D

When you buy from Ruben you're just way too early. I take his price * .75 to be about the real price.

There are always people that pay these prices from him, at auctions, or from onlythebestfirearms, but I think they are just rich guys sipping a scotch, realize transferables are legal, and want one right now.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
What is a SP-1 conversion by Norrell going for these days?

Two months ago, I purchased an SP1 conversion for $16K. It wasn’t a Norrell registered gun though, Just a normal guy back in the good ole days.

SecondAmend

We need to open the registry.

With batches in a controlled manner so that current machine gun values are maintained. Somewhat like the CMP sales program. Funded by SOTs who pay a fee to enter a selection list. A limited number of machine guns per year or other schedule, random selection of SOT "winners", limited number of each model allowed to be made per batch, etc.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

sweersa

With batches in a controlled manner so that current machine gun values are maintained. Somewhat like the CMP sales program. Funded by SOTs who pay a fee to enter a selection list. A limited number of machine guns per year or other schedule, random selection of SOT "winners", limited number of each model allowed to be made per batch, etc.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.

I'd prefer an open registry, but would take your MG on the books trickle over what we currently have of course as being a step in the right direction.

timkel

Agree, a good article about the NFA. The registry needs to be reopened. Not slowly but quickly like a band aid.

sweersa

A few years back I remember prices on M16 type weapons went down, only to go back up a year or two later, and now to where they are at today. I wonder if the current economic situation will have any impact in the near future.

ferndog1

UZI Talk Supporter
I have been involved in Class III /NFA longer than I want to admit. Over the years I have seen many fluctuations in prices as mentioned in the post above. But eventually, they continue to escalate.
There are a lot of people out there with money, bank interest can't keep up with inflation, the stock market is not doing well, and every investment is a risk. But as Curtis Earl, the dealer in the article suggests, "your best investment."

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter